Chapter 20

Lissa's POV
"Rose? Rose where are you?" I called out the next morning. She had been missing all morning and I didn't know where she was. Everyone from the mini party last night stayed over. As soon as they heard my voice they all came into the living room with confused expressions.
"Why are you calling out Rose's name? She's here isn't she?" Tim said.
"She isn't and I don't know where she is. Have you seen her?" I asked.
"I haven't seen her but when I passed your room this morning I noticed a bright red envelope on your desk this morning." Tim said.
"How did I not notice that?" I muttered.
"You were clearly stressing over her absent and therefore you didn't see it." Christian said wrapping his arms around me.
"Read the letter Lissa. What does it say?" Dimitri said.
I opened the envelope and took out the letter. There were a bunch of roses in it and it even smelt like it. I took it out and read it out loud.
Dear Lissa,
I'm so sorry but I have to leave. Tasha survived the explosion. I don't know how. But this means that she's after us, specifically me. I need to go and kill her. I need to end this before it affects you. She emailed me last night with a fantabulous few instructions asking me to break up with Dimitri and turn myself in. She also didn't want me to tell anyone about this. But when do I ever listen to instructions that are meaningless to me? So I've left and I don't know when I'll be back. I'm sorry for this. I'm gonna try to make my way back.
I love you so much and I'm gonna miss you. Please take care of Clary. And send all of my love to my friends. I'm gonna miss my squad a lot and my friends have helped me so much.
I'm gonna miss you so much.
Lots of love always,
The Red Rose 🌹
No said anything. We were all shocked at this news. Tasha's alive. Rose is gone.
I've just lost my best friend. My sister. One of the most important people in my life.
"What are we gonna do now?" Dimitri said.
I looked at everyone in turn,"we do what Rose would want us to do. We support her no matter what."
Rose's POV
I'm ready. I'm on my dad's private jet, weapons at the ready. I'm ready for this to end.
I didn't know what to expect honestly. I didn't know if she was expecting me so soon. She did say I had a week to answer.
I landed in Russia and immediately made my way to Tasha's hiding place. We didn't land very far from her hiding place, so I didn't have to walk very far. As soon as I was close, I activated my suit to make myself invisible. I silently creeped around and I eventually saw her. She was standing outside of a little house, watering some flowers. Really? You're planning evil things and now you have time to water flowers?
I crept out of her hiding place and snuck my way over to her. As soon as I was right behind her I got my gun and I shot her.
The shot rang out and Tasha immediate dropped to the ground.
And that's when an army of Strigoi ran out of the forest.

Yep. I'm leaving you on a cliffhanger. Guess you'll have to wait and see what happens to Rose.
Hope you enjoyed it!
See you tomorrow!
Lots of love always,
Patreise/Pattybubs ❤🖤