Chapter 21

Lissa's POV
People were shouting at me.
But this was normal for me. I was in the big meeting room where we were discussing politics, laws and how our society was coping. I answered them as calmly as I can manage. Thank god that Rose's squad and everyone else was here to assist me in answering the questions by making sure they came one at a time. As I was in the middle of answering one of them, I screamed.
I felt like my head was being ripped apart into shreds. All the guardians immediately started pushing the reporters away from me. All of a sudden I was ripped into Rose's head. I screamed louder at the sight. It was awful. My poor Rose!
Then it ended and the pain was over. I doubled over in my throne and started crying. I felt like I would never stop.
"Lissa, Lissa what's wrong?" Christian asked me worried.
"Sh-she was in the middle of a Strigoi attack. I-it looked like sh-she had everything under control but then she was attached from behind unexpectedly and n-now she's a Strigoi." I stutter.
Everyone was silent. They were just as surprised that the great Red Rose could be defeated. Dimitri was silently crying and hugging a sobbing Clary. I didn't know what to do. What would I do without my best friend?
We immediately began to take action. We planned plane trips, back up guardians and Adrian's security as he would be the one to restore. The entire thing took a couple of hours and by the time we were done we were ready. As we were leaving the giant screen at the end of the room turned on.
There was a throne room like the one here. And it was full of Strigoi.
They were whispering excitedly but none of us could make out what they were saying. Then someone walked it. It was a tall blond male Strigoi with a build that told us he was once a dhampir. He looked around and everyone immediately fell silent.
"Hello everyone. I am pleased to announced that our new queen has passed her trials and is now ready to take the throne once she has said her vows." he announced.
All the Strigoi cheered as the new queen walked into the room. We didn't know who it was because there was a veil covering their face.
No one could hear the girl's voice clearly as she was being sworn in which was a shame as we would've love to have known who it was. Well it turns out we did.
Once the girl had been sworn in the same guy escorted her to the throne where she took her seat. All the Strigoi cheered and she finally revealed her face.
Everybody gasped and I heard a few people drop their things. I could feel new tears starting to form in my eyes.
Rose was now the queen of the Strigoi.

Hope you enjoyed it!
See you tomorrow!
Lots of love always,
Patreise/Pattybubs ❤🖤