Life Goes On

Monica

Dorian entered my bedroom with a tub of cookie dough ice cream and bottles of water. She climbed into my bed.

"I put Queen into bed and changed Miracle's diaper."

"Thanks D." I said grabbed a spoon from her digging into the ice cream.

She turned and looked at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yea." I smiled licking the ice cream off of the spoon.

She sighed. "Mo, you don't have to put on a fake smile around me. If you want to cry, do it. I know you're hurt."

I laughed. "Dori, all my tears are gone. Why should I waste them on King's stupid ass anyway?"

"Im your best friend, and I'm going to support you through whatever. I know you still love him-"

"Of course I do! But he left ME!"

She sighed. "I'm going to get going. Good night Mo."

"Night." I said softly and I watched as she closed my bedroom door.

It was true, I was hurting inside but I can't let that affect me. I had to let go and letting go sometimes is the best thing to do.

Morning

Monica

"What do you want for breakfast Queen?" I asked putting on my house shoes walking down the steps with Miracle on my hip and Queen following.

"I want oatmeal."

"What kind?"

"My favorite!" She smiled.

"Strawberry oatmeal it is then." I grabbed the strawberries from the fridge and began to chop them up. While I was chopping the doorbell rang.

It is quite early to be having company. Maybe it's the newspaper boy. I wiped my hands off and proceeded towards the door. When I opened it was Sheri.

"Hello Monica." Sheri said. Her hair was tied up and she wore fancy attire. I'm assuming she didn't show her hair because it was falling out due to her cancer.

"Uh morning Sheri." I said staring at her. I haven't spoken to her every since she kicked me out when I was 17.

"Are you going to stare in my face or let me inside?"

"Come in." I moved out of the way.

"Thank you." She said walking inside.

It was very awkward because she just showed up out the blue.

Sheri took a seat on the couch. She sat down elegantly and crossed her legs.

"So uh, what are you doing here?"

"What? I can't stop by to say hello to my daughter?"

"Drop the act Sheri. What do you want?"

She laughed. "I'm pretty sure you've heard about King."

"Of course I have."

Queen came running into the living room. "Mo where is my oatmeal." She whined and complained.

"Don't you see I'm talking to someone. Your oatmeal will be ready in a little while. Go on upstairs and get ready for school."

"Who is this?" Sheri asked looking at Queen.

"My daughter."

"Daughter?" Sheri raised her eyebrow. "And would King happen to be the father?"