Respect Is Earned Not Given

(Morgan)

Monica

"Your history test will be tomorrow. It will have 100 questions. Be prepared." My history teacher said before the bell rung.

I sighed. It was only Thursday and I'm already tired of school.

I collected my books then walked out of the class.

"Hey. How was math?" Morgan asked walking beside me.

"Complicated."

She laughed. King walked towards me. He already had on his McDonald's uniform. He placed his cap on.

"Come on. We gotta' go to this damn job." He snapped then walked away.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why does he talk to you like that?" Morgan asked.

I shrugged and closed my locker.

"See you later." I told Morgan and walked outside to King's car.

Since Nick rode home with a friend I finally got to sit in the front seat.

"Took you long enough." King mumbled before driving off to McDonald's.

I rolled my eyes once again and opened my back pack. I pulled out my uniform.

"Pull over at a gas station." I told King.

"For what?" He asked.

"I need to change into the uniform."

"Yo' ass better change in this car."

I smacked my lips. "Fine. But keep your eyes on the road."

"I will. I don't want to look at your boney ass anyways."

As he was driving I took off the skinny jeans I had on and slid on the black pants that had a M on the side. I slowly took off my shirt.

King glanced at me. "Eyes on the road." I mushed his head.

I threw the McDonald's shirt over my head and put it fully on. Lastly I put my bushy red hair into a pony tail and put the cap on my head.

"What's that on ya' back?" King asked referring to my scars that were on my back.

"Me and my sister use to fight a lot. One time she burned me with the iron and that's how I got those scars."

He started laughing.

"That's not funny. It hurt really bad." I said laughing a little myself.

"What ya mama use to do when y'all would fight?" King asked.

I sighed. "I never knew my mom or dad."

"Oh my bad. I ain't know."

"It's cool." I said looking out the window.

A few minutes later we pulled up at McDonald's.

We got out the car and walked inside.

"There you two are. What are your names?" Mr. Mac the manager asked us.

"Monica." I smiled.

"King." King spoke dryly.

Mr. Mac wrote our names down on a name tag then put it on our shirts.

"King your in the back flipping burgers and Monica your taking orders at the drive thru." He handed King a apron and me a head set.