A Place Called Home

Monica

"Adopted by who?" I said following Ms. Freemen around the orphanage.

"I'm not suppose to tell you that honey. Don't worry Monica you will find your sister later on in life."

I felt like apart of me had been torn apart. Yonica was my twin. We were suppose to stick together. This was a total night mare that I wanted to quickly wake up from.
*

*

*

"Monica sweetie. Wake up." Ms. Freemen said standing over me.

I jumped up. "It was all a dream." I said smiling.

"What are you talking about dear?" She asked sitting a stack of new clothes on my bed.

"Yonica didn't get adopted. I was just dreaming."

"No, it was real hun."

I sighed and dropped my head.

"It will be okay. Now put these new clothes on. You have 10 minutes then adoption day will begin."

"I'm not feeling it today Ms. Freemen."

"You have no choice. Now go get dressed."

I grabbed the clothes and walked into the bathroom. As I was putting on the baggy jeans I heard Ms. Freemen say something.

"You know your gonna' have to start back school soon." She said.

I sighed. I haven't been to school in 3 months every since Yonica and I got expelled. We both got into this huge fight with another girl and we gave her a concussion.

"I don't know Ms. F. I don't think I'm ready."

"You have to be ready someday sweet heart."

I sighed and nodded.

"Do you have a dollar?" I asked her.

"For what?" She asked curious as to what I would want with just one dollar.

"I want to walk to the gas station and get an Arizona Tea."

She gave me a look then pulled two wrinkled up  dollars out her pocket.

"Go quickly please."

"Thanks and yes ma'am."

I threw the sweat shirt over my head then skipped out the front door of the orphanage. 

I walked down the street and saw LJ and his crew heading towards me.

"Wassup, wassup, wassup." LJ said.

I sighed and stopped walking.

"It's the little twin sister." LJ blew smoke in my face.

"Can you move." I said.

"Where Yonica at?" He asked totally ignoring my question.

"None of your business!" I yelled.

He snatched me up by my shirt. "Bitch I asked you a question-"

"And I didn't answer!" I screamed.

He smirked and let me go. "Smart ass mouth you got there."

"Damn right. Now if you don't mind I would like to get to the store and head back home with nobody getting in my way."

"Gone head shawty." LJ said moving out the way. "But when you see Yonica tell her I'm looking for her ass."

I just continued to walk. LJ was around the age of 27 and he was trouble. He was also in some funny business with the FEDS. Business that no kid should be in.