So Gone

(Yonica)

Monica

I opened the front door of my house slowly and quietly. I spent the night with Morgan last night because we went out and got a couple of drinks and I didn't want to drive home tipsy.

I walked upstairs and entered my bedroom. King was passed out across the bed.

I sat my shopping bags down and tried to push him on his side of the bed, but couldn't.

"Kingston. Wake up." I shook him gently.

He groaned and rose up.

"Scoot-" before I could fully finish he vomited all over me. He passed out back on the bed.

"What a great way to start the day off." I said sarcastically.

I instantly got out of the clothes I was in and changed the sheets on the bed.

I put the sheet into the washer and made King some soup. I don't know if he's sick or still drunk from last night. When I was heading back upstairs I ran into Yonica.

"Good morning sister." She said with a bright smile plastered over her face.

"Move."

"It's like that now?"

"It's always been like this. What don't you get? I don't like you."

"But you love me right?"

I rolled my eyes and pushed her out of the way. I swear she is insane in the brain.

I brought King the soup and put a blanket over him.

"Here babe. Eat this."

"I'm not hungry." He mumbled.

"Well, I'm going to leave the bowl right here. When you wake up then you can eat it." I kissed his cheek and left the bedroom.

Since I had nothing to do today I decided to clean up around the house.

I started vacuuming the spacious living room. Once again Yonica was laying on the couch with her feet all over the coffee table.

"For the last time, keep your feet off my damn table." I pushed them off.

"You're so up tight."

I sighed and vacuumed the carpet.

"We need to pick a room for the baby." Yonica spoke and played with her nails.

"Don't say anything else about a baby until you officially know that it is one, and it's King's."

"Oh. I most definitely know its his now." She stood up proudly.

I turned the vacuum cleaner off. "What do you mean?"

She folded her arms. "Let's just say King can't tell the difference between his lovely girlfriend and his deceiving baby mama."

"What are you saying bitch." I said becoming angry.

She smirked and flipped her hair.

"Yonica! What are you saying!"

She shrugged and laughed. "How about you go ask King."

I grabbed her by her throat. "You're my sister and everything but I will kill you if I have too. I hate you so much to the point I can't stand you. I mean every word I say." I said and let her go.

"Hate is a strong word." She rubbed her neck in pain.

I ran up the steps and swung  my bedroom door open.

"King!" I screamed which caused him to stir in his sleep.

"Kingston!" I yelled once again but this time grabbing his curly hair.

"What damn. I'm trying to sleep baby."

"Did you fuck her again!"

"Who? What the hell are you talking about?"

"YONICA! Did you sleep with the ignorant slut again!?"

"No. Now stop screaming." He pulled the cover back over him.

I snatched the covers off of him again. "You're lying!"

"Damnit Mo. You were here last night right?"

"No." I shook my head. "I wasn't King."

His head dropped in disappointment.

I looked up at the ceiling holding back tears.

"I'm done." I said and opened the closet door and pulled out my suit case.

"Done? Hold on now Mo." King said getting out the bed and trying to stop me.

"Don't try to stop me. I'm leaving. I'm so over this shit."

"Let me explain Monica. I came home pissy drunk-"

"I don't give a damn if you were sober, drunk, high, or whatever. You slept with her not once, but TWICE!"

"YALL LOOK JUST ALIKE!"

"BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME PERSON!"

I threw clothes into my suit case and grabbed some emergency money that King kept locked up in a safe.

"Listen I just don't want to be here right now. I can't be in a house with her."

"I'll kick her out." King said.

"Too late for that. I'll consider coming back in a couple weeks but I'm not making any promises."
*

*

*

"Do you think I'm wrong for leaving?"

Dorian handed me a box of tissues to dry my watery eyes.

"Not at all. I would have been left."

I sighed and cried in my hands. Dorian rubbed my back.

"If you think about it, it's all Yonica's fault. She knew damn well what she was doing. She knows how much you love King, but still did what she did."

Dorian was absolutely right. But King still should have kept his pants zipped. It's only best if I keep my distance from him a little while. When I'm ready, I'll go back home.

King

I walked inside the house and put my hoodie on my head.

"King where did you go?" Yonica asked sitting on the kitchen counter only in her undergarments.

"It's time for you to leave."

"Leave?" She said and jumped off the counter. "What about-"

"I don't care right now. Just get out of my house and go. You ruined my relationship."

Her mouth dropped. "You're putting me out? Where am I gonna go? I don't have anywhere or anyone. No family or anything."

I reached into my wallet and gave her whatever cash I had. She shook her head and put on a jacket and sweatpants. She collected her things.

"I'll see you later." Yonica spoke before heading out the door.

I slammed it closed and pulled my phone out and gave Monica a call.

"Hello. You've reached the voicemail of Monica Monroe. Sorry I was too busy to answer your call. I'll give you a call back as soon as I can." Her voicemail boomed through the phone.

After hearing the beep I took a deep breath.

"Babe. I know I made a mistake. Who doesn't make mistakes now and then? But I'm sorry baby. I really am. I hope you come back home soon. I love you Mo."