Ahead Of Time

Monica

After flat ironing my hair and getting dressed in work attire I headed downstairs to cook breakfast.

I grabbed a pan from the cabinet and cracked two eggs inside. Once the eggs were cooking I added a little cheese. After the eggs were finished I cooked French toast and crispy bacon. Which was Romeo's favorite.

I heard footsteps walking towards me and noticed Romeo was up.

"Morning baby. I'm cooking your favorite breakfast." I gave him a smile and fixed his plate.

I noticed he was kind of quiet. He came over to where I was and grabbed both of my hands.

"I have something to tell you."

A serious look spread across my face. The look on his face told me he was serious also.

"What? What's going on?"

He took a deep breath and shut his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it.

"Romeo what?"

He put a smile on his face. "Never mind. Where do you want our wedding to be?" He asked now holding my waist.

"Umm." I thought for a little while. "It would be nice to have a wedding in Hawaii on the beach near the ocean."

"Hawaii it is. Wedding is on for next week before I head back to the army." Romeo said and grabbed his phone.

"What's the rush?"

"I just want you to be officially my wife."

"Are you serious?"

"Serious as hell babe."

I squealed with joy. "Wait. I don't even have a dress yet."

"Better get to looking." He kissed my cheek and went upstairs. "I'll order our plane tickets."

I was overwhelmed with happiness. But my mind still wondered why he wanted to have the wedding so early? It didn't matter because I would be getting married sooner than I thought.

I grabbed my glass of orange juice and rushed out the house considering I was late for work.

When I got into my car and onto the highway I called Dorian.

"Hello?" She answered groggy.

"D why do you sound like that?"

She moaned and groaned. "I worked a long ass shift last night at the club. But wassup?"

"We've got to go dress shopping later on today."

"Dress shopping for what?" She asked and yawned.

"The wedding. Romeo is moving it up to next month."

"The hell. Why is he rushing shit."

"I have no idea, but I'm so excited."