Freedom At Last

(Romeo)

Monica

The weight of Romeo's arms caused me to wake up from my sleep. I turned my body over and I was to face with my fiancé.

I placed my cold hand on his cheek and his eyes opened slowly.

"Good morning baby." His morning breath filled my nose.

"Morning." I said and held my nose.

He chuckled and got out of the bed. He only had his boxers on and I was only dressed in bra and panties.

Romeo came over to me and pulled me into his chest. "You know I love you right?" He said and kissed my cheek.

I blushed. "Yea babe I know."

"And I'm going to love our baby." He placed his hand on my stomach.

I laughed. "Tuh! There's nothing in here but food from last night." I told him and walked into my bathroom. Romeo followed me.

"It will be a baby in there soon. After what we did last night I'm sure as you take a pregnancy test it will be positive."

"I doubt it." I told him and put toothpaste on my toothbrush.

While brushing my teeth Romeo stepped into the walk in shower.

"Hey uh do you want me to take you shopping before I go?" Romeo asked while showering.

I spit toothpaste out my mouth then started back brushing. "Go where?" I said with confusion.

"Army training babe."

I rolled my eyes and didn't respond. This is one of the reasons why I hate him being apart of the Army. He is never home.

"Did you hear me?" He asked.

I rinsed my mouth with the mouthwash that was near the sink. "Yea I heard you."

The shower stopped and he got out with water dripping down his body. I handed him his towel then sat on the counter.

"Are you mad?" He asked and wrapped the towel around him.

"No." I made a fake smile. "Why do you think I'm mad?"

"Monica I've been with you for almost four years I know when you're mad." Romeo spoke.

I huffed. "I'm not mad. I was just hoping you wouldn't have to leave so soon."

"I know. I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "But to make it up to you, when I come back home we'll start planning for the wedding."

"Okay." I smiled.

Romeo and I got dressed in comfortable clothing and went shopping at the local mall.

"Babe you like this one?" I showed him a sundress.

"Yea it's nice."

I added the dress to my shopping cart and continued to look.

Romeo stuck his phone into his pocket then he grabbed my hand.

"Mo. How would you feel if I was gone for six months?"

I stopped pushing the cart and looking at him with a serious look. "Depressed, angry, lost, horny. Why?"

"Because I might have to he gone for that long."

My eyes rolled to the left madly because I didn't want him to be away from me.

"Mo come on now. The army is how I keep the lights on in our house."

"You mean MY house. I keep the lights on nigga."