Opposites Attract

Monica

King hasn't been home in about 3 days, and he also hasn't been at school. I'm not sure if Sheri kicked him out or he chose to leave.

I was in my room getting prepared for my date with Romeo which was in two hours.

I placed on my long maroon boots and a black dress to match. Nick walked into my room and jumped on my bed.

"Where you going?" He sized me up and down.

"Out." I smiled.

"With?"

"Nosey just like King." I laughed. "Romeo."

"Oh. Him." He said with a tone in his voice.

"Why did you say it like that?"

"Because he gonna play your ass." He chuckled and began messing with his phone.

"No he won't. He actually likes me."

"Mo. He doesn't. Trust me. You let him get into your head and next he gonna try and get in your panties."

I smacked my lips. "Whatever Nick. That's not gonna happen. I keep my guard up."

"Yea well he's gonna knock it down." He laughed. "I'm trying to protect you from a heart ache. You need to find a real nigga. Like King."

I smoothed on my lipstick and brushed down my flat iron hair. "King?"

"Yea. My bro ain't that bad of a guy. Just had trust issues and a bad temper."

"Yea well King is my brother."

"You right."

I laughed. "Now get out of my room. I have to go."Even though I had two hours I wanted to go do something before I go.

"Dang just pushed me out huh?"

"Yup." I popped the P and the end. I walked down the hall to Sheri's room.

"Come in." She sang.

I opened her bedroom door. "Hey Sheri."

"Hey baby. Wassup?"

"I wanted to know if I could get some money." I batted my eyelashes trying to persuade her.

She handed me her credit card. "Don't go over board."

"Thanks!" I squealed. "Oh yea and one more thing. Can I borrow your car?"

Her face went flat as she stared at me. "You barley know how to drive Monica."

"I do! I just get the break and gas mixed up-"

"Oh hell no."

"Pleaseeeeee." I pleaded. "I'm not even going to be gone long."

She sighed and tossed me her keys. "If I find one dent in my BMW imma put a dent in that ass!" She yelled as I walked out her room.

I giggled and grabbed my purse and phone. Afterwards I headed outside and got into Sheri's vehicle.

"Okay. Seatbelt first." I said then put my seat belt on. I turned the engine on. "Now put it in drive." I said and put the car in drive and slowly pulled out the driveway.

I drove all the way to the other side of town. The side that I never thought I would see again. The Southside.

Once I found my destination I parked the car and got out. I knocked on the door and the person who I wanted to talk to answered.