Introduction

1 September.

The day I wasn't looking forward to at all. I wouldn't say I didn't like school at all because I actually really enjoyed it but there was something about this day that made me cringe.

I had a bunch of good friends and was quite popular. But not the kind of popular girl everyone secretly hated.I was always nice to everyone and I guess that's the reason why people knew me.

However, there were two kinds of popular people, the fake girls and asshole jocks next to the ones who were actually friendly. Me and my good friends belonged to that second group and we didn't really want to have anything to do with that first group. We hung out with them sometimes but not as much as people would think we did.

The true reason why I wasn't looking forward to the first school day was because I didn't want this summer to end. This truly was the best summer I ever had. Besides the fact that we barely had any rain and the sun was always shining during the entire summer I also went out a lot with my friends and went on the most beautiful vacation with my family.

Speaking of my family, I had a twin sister called Amanda, we had a lot in common except for our looks. She had blonde hair and green eyes just like our mother. I, on the other hand, had brown hair and blue eyes, just like our father. It was actually weird because people never believed us when we told them we were twins, they usually thought we were we weren't even actually related.

Our personalities were very much alike, the only difference was that she was more girly than me. We never really argued because we were also best friends and we were used to annoying each other.

We were also both quite artistic. Amanda's talent was drawing and I was good at music. I played the guitar and the piano and also loved singing. That's another thing I had from my father, he owned a record company, called 'Capital Records' and he could play pretty much every instrument.

I've always hated it when people brought up that my dad owned 'Capital Records' and that he was rich. They always talked like everything was easy for me. Me and Amanda definitely didn't get spoiled like everyone thought we did.

When we wanted something we needed to work for it, at least that's what our parents thought us. They wanted us to be the perfect children and were very strict. The only thing they didn't mind is letting us go to parties because they knew we got invited to a lot of them and they were important for our 'reputation' and also theirs. They pretty much owned this town and everyone knew them and, of course, their 'perfect twins'. They learned us to be polite and nice to everybody so that's exactly what me and Amanda always did.

The only conditions for attending parties were that we slept at our own house, didn't hook up with random boys and wouldn't let it affect our grades. They also forbad us to get drunk, which wasn't a big problem for me because I didn't like alcohol anyway but Amanda's been wasted a few times before. And when she was I always needed to take care of her so my parents wouldn't find out about it or otherwise we both would be screwed.

Even though I hated to let this summer vacation behind me I was also very excited about my senior year. For some reason I had this confusing feeling in my stomach that things would change this year. I felt like things would become better in one way and worse in an other but the first one would take over my life and become important to me.

For making a fresh start I promised myself to finally talk to the mysterious boy at the back of the class. We've been taking the exact same classes for the past four years and he always caught my eye. He has these beautiful blue eyes and perfectly styled blonde hair.

I've always felt like we bad a connection, I just could feel it. The problem is that I never got the chance to talk to him before. Most times when I planned on it, I couldn't find him anywhere or someone would start talking to me, avoiding me to walk over to him.

Other times I was just scared, what if he's actually really rude and would tell me to go away? I didn't know why I thought about this boy, which name I didn't even know, so many times before while I knew he probably didn't ever think about me or planned to talk to me.

I wasn't saying I wanted to be his girlfriend but I just wanted to be his friend. I wasn't sure if he had any friends, he always sat alone at the back of the class and I can't remember him talking to anyone.I wanted to give this boy a chance and I should've did it a long time before. But this one time I was sure. This year would be the year when I'd finally approach him.

_______________________________________

hi :)

if you read my other fanfic (living the dream) you'll probably know this story was coming :) i reached 2k reads on that one so i figured it would be a good time to publish this one :)

i'm quite excited bc i think this one's gonna be really good so please stick with me ;) i'll try to upload once a week x

let me know what you think so far and thanks for the 2k on the other story xx you're all amaze balls! x