How it all began?

Who am I? More importantly who are you? Well you found my journal. My life is coming to an end now and I don't need it anymore. Hopefully you can make something special out of it. Well my name is Marie. Marie Bertha Flora. I went through challenging times through my life,  let's just start at the beginning.

There was a beautiful girl with thick red hair and dark brown eyes. She would run in  her backyard with her blue teddy bear. This girl was 5 and she was Very clumsy. This is me. Soon this girl would get called inside by her 8 year old brother Andrew, who is a brown haired freckle face. He would say, "Marie come quick, COME QUICK!!!" Yes I remember that day. I remember how dusty our little cottage was. I remember my Mama trying not to cry so we wouldn't get scared. She said "Darlings, your Papa's building caught fire and we don't know if he's alive." She said this with her soft voice. Andrew and I were petrified!

We were all huddled by the small air duct (this is how we stay cool). On the news it said that 4 died and 31 people were injured. We got a telegram saying my Papa was in the hospital and how he probably won't make it. We rushed to the hospital right away. I saw my Papa's hopeful eyes. That's what I loved most about my Papa, he always had hope. Yet hope wasn't enough for he died the next day.