XIX

Opening her eyes lazily, Stevie stretched her arm out over to Lindsey's side of the bed and she found it to be empty. Sitting up, she ran a hand through her messy hair and checked the time. It wasn't even 11 am yet. Since they started living together, Stevie's morning laziness rubbed off on Lindsey and they would usually sleep in, then eat breakfast or have a cup of coffee in bed, before going about their day. He had to have mentioned something, Stevie thought to herself, shrugged it off and went to take a quick shower.

Coming downstairs, Stevie didn't find Lindsey anywhere either, checking his temporary home studio first. He never just disappears like that... Telling herself that maybe he went out for a run, Stevie went to make herself a cup of coffee, she then walked outside to enjoy it. 

About an hour passed and Lindsey still hadn't come back from wherever he had gone to. Even if he didn't say he would, maybe he drove to the studio to work on his an Chris' album. It took a minute for Stevie to locate her phone, as she then speed dialed Lindsey, but he didn't answer. Disappointed, Stevie scrolled through the contact list and called Christine.

"Hey, Chris."

"Oh hi, Stevie!" Came the cheerful reply. "How are you, darling?"

"I'm good, thanks. Look, Chris, I lost Lindsey."

Before Stevie could continue, Christine cut her off. "Excuse me? How do you lose a person, you're attached at the hip?"

"Well, he didn't say he had any errands to run before we went to bed and when I woke up today, he was already gone. I waited for like an hour, but he's not home yet."

Even though Christine could sense Stevie's worry, she still found it endearing that she was already calling friends and family about Lindsey, whom she hadn't seen for a couple of hours.

"I thought maybe you're working on the album?"

"No, we said, we would be taking a little break, remember?"

"Yeah..."

"Why are you calling me and not him?"

"His phone is turned off."

"Some stuff concerning the divorce came up?" Christine suggested.

"No, it was finalized last week. I just-" Stevie stopped talking, when she heard the doorbell. "Someone's at the door, I'll call you back."

Putting her phone down, Stevie went to answer the door and she was met by a stranger's face. 

"Good day, Ma'am." A man tipped his head, holding a box. "This is for you."

Frowning, Stevie looked at the box, hesitantly taking it, she then thanked the man and closed the door. Placing the box down, which was no smaller than herself, Stevie opened it tentatively and gasped, seeing a beautiful white gown inside. She picked it up and it was very clear to her that it was Lindsey, who got it for her. She then noticed a note.

'Put this on and go back outside'

Stevie felt very schoolgirlish, taking the dress with her upstairs to change. Why are there no shoes?, she wondered, should I wear makeup?

Once Stevie got dressed, she went into her closet to pick out shoes. She put them on returned downstairs. She didn't want to keep Lindsey waiting if he was waiting for her, that is, and only grabbed the keys to lock up the house, before walking outside. 

The same man was standing, waiting for her. She realized he was the driver of the big black car in their driveway, when he opened the back door and helped her get in. Inside the car she found two things; a bouquet of white lilies and a small bag, that looked a lot like the one she kept her makeup essentials in. She unzipped it and found another note.

'If you want to, but you don't need it'

Stevie couldn't help the wide grin, feeling all giddy inside. It was becoming obvious exactly what Lindsey was up to and she couldn't wait to be with him. Although, she didn't receive any clue of where she was being taken to. Not that she really cared. 

When the car finally stopped and the driver came to open the door for her, he held out his hand and Stevie took it, climbing out. It suddenly became obvious why she didn't receive a pair of shoes, being led to the beach. 

Stevie's eyes were already misting over, seeing Lindsey in the distance, with one other person standing next to him, by a gorgeous wooden arch, decorated with white and red roses, a path leading up to it. 

"Oh, Lindsey..." Stevie whispered, when she approached him, unable to hold back, hugging him tightly. "Who knew you could keep a secret." She chuckled tearfully. 

"It was a secret worth keeping." Lindsey replied, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm glad you chose to stay naturally beautiful." Pressing a kiss to her forehead, Lindsey backed off a little. "I know that you've already asked me to marry you, but I'm going to ask you to marry me right now, Stephanie."

She didn't need to think about it, nodding her head. "Of course I'll marry you." Exchanging a brief kiss, they then stood side by side, facing the officiant...

"You may kiss the bride, again." The officiant smiled at the newlyweds.

Sliding his arm around her waist, Lindsey pulled her that tiny bit closer to himself, bringing the other hand up to her face, caressing her soft skin, as she closed her eyes, a smile never leaving either of their faces. Lindsey leaned in and captured her lips as softly as never before, causing her hands to lock behind his neck, as she deepened their first kiss as husband and wife.

THE END

~

Thank you so much for reading this story! I'm sorry that I had to end it here, but I just didn't feel like I could do more with it. I hope you liked it!