Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

They say Asian air blooms with culture. Ethan believed it. As he got out of the plane, he was welcomed by a surge of gale which was trotting raucous. Not only has it bloomed with culture but of reality as well. Ethan went down the airplane stairs and walked his way out of the airport where a different palette of colors filled the buildings and streets. He inhaled and held out the itinerary on his hand. He adjusted his pillbox hat and grinned at the crumpled paper from his blazer’s pocket.

              According to it, The Japanese Pride could not be considered far; just a pair of busy, bouncing streets and a large Cherry Blossom would appear before two spinning glass doors. He inhaled and braced himself. Also, the accommodation given by The Japanese Pride was only across the department. Planning his first day, Ethan trotted and dragged his black suitcase by the giddy sidewalks of Japan.

              Apparently, the buildings looked livelier than the people. All were wearing the same colors while the polychromatic buildings salaciously propagated advertisements. Ethan was in awe as he roamed the diverse buildings with his eyes. His eyes caught the streetlights and it suddenly stroke red. He hurried past the mob and crossed the street successfully. Another one to go. He huffed and ran his way with his suitcase growling in lethargy.

The room was sophisticated. A classy pick for a company to shelter a special exception. Personally, a sidetrack efficiently lingered Ethan’s thoughts. I am nothing. Why would they do such thing to me? Nothing lucrative can I do for such paper! He protested but as the beige-brown pieces of furniture fluctuated, Ethan found himself rather flabbergasted.

              The scenery sure wasn’t transient. Ethan burst from the door and inhaled the fresh hotel room that had few lamps illuminating the room in lazy yellow haze. Ethan jumped on the bed and felt uncomfortably lonely. By those times, he’d be shocked to find out William was texting him already. Though, he knew it was impossible already.

              His phone rang.

              William.

              No.

              It was Mr Rosa.

              “Good day, Ethan. I assume you’ve already arrived in your room as I’ve calculated. Correct me. Forgive me for the informality to send a message through your phone. I’ll be looking forward for your report later after you acquainted yourself. Mr Rosa,” Ethan read aloud to relieve his fear.

              Someone knocked.

              “Come in,” he squealed. Quickly, he flustered himself as a man in a leather trench coat and an mismatching homburg entered the room. His complexion is porcelain. His eyes were covered by wire-rimmed glasses.

              “Mr Colchester,”

              “Yes,” Ethan recoiled fast. “Nice to meet you, Mr…”

              “Megumi. Megumi Otoko, Associate Editor-In-Chief of The Japanese Pride. Colchester-san…”

              “Colchester-kun, please.”

              Megumi smiled. “Colchester-kun, I hereby represent Rosa-sama to provide you an exemplary tour of our company. In a manner, I would like to request you to confine your things here in your accommodation before we proceed with the company.”

              Ethan flushed, feeling special at the moment. “But wait, why is Rosa-sama doing this?”

              Megumi replied in impeccable English, “The Japanese Pride applies the rule to acquaint the trainees thoroughly without having them intimidated by colleagues or the company itself. We all know that The Japanese Pride is a celebrated paper by the East Asian culture. It is a usual reaction to be intimidated by its competency so we want our trainees to feel their job and not the pressure.”