Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Sebastian, hey!” Ethan barged in with great news at hand. His lips curved with impressed fastidiousness. Holding back was not an option. It was a factor. He opened the door loudly to cause Sebastian weakly turn to them.

           “Yes?” he managed a wry smile and coughed.

           Ethan gasped and inquired, “Did you take your AVR?” He touched Sebastian for signs of fever as Enid quickly prepared homemade coffee for everyone. She preferred black which Ethan declined without dilemma.

           Sebastian ignored him. He was crying and tissues were nattily lined up on the cracked sofa. There were uncountable numbers of damp to soggy table napkins and another one was being added with each sniff and cough.

           “It’s not the virus,” Sebastian admitted.

           “Let me guess, your boyfriend messaged you. No. E-mailed you. Am I a psychic?”

           Sebastian nodded and Ethan quickly jumped before the computer which was still opened at Sebastian’s inbox web page. He typed like a hyped child. He angrily smashed the keyboard with his palms, wrathful to the subject of his message.

           “What is your news?” Sebastian tried stealing him but he failed.

Ethan thriftily replied, “Trevor.”

           “Oh really?” Sebastian gasped and stood from his seat. “What about it?” he asked and pulled the internet connection’s plug. “Now talk to me.” A teasing smile but thankful eyes flowered from his face. He ducked and hugged Ethan, ruining the Ascot cap and bowtie. Ethan grunted.

           “Why are you crying?” Ethan asked as he got the coffee from Enid.

           Sebastian sighed and replied, “Why are you even bothering yourself with that guy?”

          “That’s supposed to be answered by you not moi.” He returned the coffee and said, “I don’t like a cup, Enid,”

           “Sebastian?” Enid interrupted and motioned at the cup she was holding. “Coffee? Sebastian, coffee?”

           The sturdy guy nodded. “Kindly put the mallows I bought earlier, please?”

           Ethan sighed. “You never change, Sebastian.” He chuckled. “Soooo, how are you? Are you still sick?” he persistently inquired and touched Sebastian’s nape, neck, forehead, cheeks and ears chronologically. “Your fervor went down. Anything in particular that makes you in pain?”

           Sebastian chuckled and coughed for the final time. “Your sweet words of concern make me love you even more,” Sebastian joked (yes it is a joke).

           Jocular it was but it rendered Ethan speechless. He coughed and averted the blushing part. He said, “You have a fever, checked because you’re being delirious. Go back to bed.”

           Sebastian laughed and carried Ethan with his bulking biceps.

           “Put me down!” he struggled getting down but a little chubby person had no match for Goliath.

           Sebastian huffed and sighed. “I really have to thank… the both of you for being with me… always,” he said and set Ethan on a stool before the counter where Enid served noodle dinner.

           “That’s mushroom,” she confirmed to Ethan who sniffed the supper and turned to Sebastian. “You don’t need to thank us.”