Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Sebastian?” Enid inquired to her companion who suddenly clutched his fist over his chest. “Sebastian?” she asked again, averting the interview and oath taking for the TrevorOnline.

           Sebastian wrenched to say he was fine but Enid did not believe him. He seemed convincing that he was in pain after wincing on his seat each word he tried mumbling. Sebastian could not take it and his body fell drastically on the tiles. Enid could see the excruciating pain that enveloped Sebastian’s abdomen. Upon the consent of the psychologist whom they consulted before entering TrevorOnline officially, they instantly exited the edifice and went to the nearest hospital.

           Head leaning over Enid’s narrow shoulders, hands dangling on mid air, eyes squinting to give him enough vision to support himself, Sebastian looked in dread. His poignancy became from sturdiness to rotten leafy vegetable stem. Sebastian shrunk to his condition as Enid strongly carried him through the aero-colored hospital halls. She huffed to raise him well on her shoulders.

           “Nurse!” she yelled. “We have an emergency!” she mused to Sebastian who nearly slid down from her grasp.

           Instead of a metal steel bed with a white simple linen wrapping the cushion, what responded to her pleads were intrigued mumblings and disgusted stares. Enid growled silently. He laid Sebastian on a bench which everyone evacuated from when they approached. She tucked her dense hair behind her hear and sighed.

           “Stay here, okay?” she assured and wiped beads of tears from Sebastian’s forehead. “I’ll get you a bed.”

           Sebastian did not move his head. Instead, he grabbed Enid’s arm and forcibly halted her from walking away. He inhaled deeply and clutched his abdomen. He winced but managed to stand up.

           “Sit!” Enid scolded. “Can somebody get a nurse?” she ordered but no one moved. “Sebastian, hold still! I’ll get a bed!”

           Sebastian could not muster to speak. He gritted his teeth to decrease the pain. His brown hair was drenched in his sweat. Enid did not know what to do. Sebastian was holding her firmly so she could not get away. Forcing her body away would drag Sebastian too.

           “Let’s go home,” Sebastian said austerely and screamed in agony.

           Enid fumed, “No!” and pulled her pen under the collar of her turtleneck. She aimed it at a doctor who ignorantly passed by them and threw it at him.

           “Hey!” she steamed. “Can’t you see you have a patient here!”

           The doctor fired with antagonizing eyebrows, “Technically he is not my patient. Find his doctor.”

           Enid’s jaw dropped. “What? Are you serious? You’ll leave us here?”

           The doctor averted looking at her and sifted on his log book. The mob had been dissolved earlier so throwing a spectacle would not be agitating. She pulled a head band from her skirt’s pocket and threw it hard at the doctor. Quickly, adrenaline fight, the doctor stormed and roared at her.

           “What is wrong with you miss?”

           “What is wrong with the hospital?” was Enid’s fast reply. “What is wrong with you people not giving health care to patients?”

           “Don’t question our management upon the consent of the ill, miss. We treat them fairly here and they get out healthy.”

           “He’s not a patient?” she asked sarcastically. “Just what does a patient is to all of you here?”