Chapter 46

"We're gonna have to go down there eventually." Victoria says as she walks back and forth across the floor. It's Thanksgiving day and guest have already started arriving. Aubrey is too nervous about reuniting with her dads side of the family to even set foot into the living room so she's been hiding out in her room this whole time.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious." Aubrey says rolling her eyes. Victoria shrugs her shoulders and watches out the window as guest continue to pull up to their aunts house.

After a long period of nervousness and tension. Aubrey finally came around and apologized to her sister. They sat down in her room and talked for a long time about each other, their mom, their dad, Keenan and the baby. Victoria was the one who convinced Aubrey to cut ties with Carson and Janine. They both agreed she was hanging around with the wrong people and didn't need that kind of influence around her when the baby comes. Victoria was everything that Aubrey never thought she was. A loyal sister who keep it real and was there to offer her a shoulder to cry on. She filled the emptiness that Aubrey was feeling for a long time.

"Come on, lets just go down there and get it over with." Victoria says to her, turning away from the window. She spots Aubrey standing in front of the mirror, tugging at the sweater dress that Victoria convinced her to wear. It's a pretty creme color and goes nicely with the beige boots on her feet and gold necklace hanging across her chest. Her hair is flowing down her back in dark brown waves and she has a pretty glow around her.

Victoria appears next to her in the mirror. "You can pull on that dress all you want, it's not gonna hide that belly."

Aubrey sighs, "I just don't want them to think I'm a slut. Alot of people already do." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"If they want to think that then let them. You look gorgeous Bre," Victoria assures her. Aubrey meets her sisters eyes through the mirror and smiles. Now she can see where they look alike. They share the same high cheek bones, perfectly round eyes and long hair. The only major differences is Aubrey's deep dimples and black hair that she inherited from their father opposed to Victoria's dimple-less face and brown hair that she inherited from their mom.

"Ready to go?" Victoria asks, smoothing down her dark red sweater and beige cardigan. Her hair is pulled up in a neat bun on top of her head and she's wearing khaki pants.

Aubrey takes one last look at her reflection before nodding. "I guess so." She replies. They walk out of the room and head down the hall. Victoria holds out her hand and Aubrey grabs on to it as they descend down the stairs. The living room is already crowded with family they haven't seen in ages. Three kids chase each other around the coffee table as the adults mingle. No one has noticed the girls yet.

Once their feet hit the last step their aunt rushes over to them. "Look who finally decided to come out that room." She says and it's like everyone turned to look at them at once. "My two nieces, Victoria and Aubrey."

"Omigosh, look how big they've gotten!" A familiar lady exclaims.

"This can't be David's two daughters, last time I saw them they were up to my knee." Another guy says.

Their aunt Janet laughs, "They've finally come around to visit their dads side of the family." She says pushing them further into the room. All around her people faun over her like she's a newborn. Aunts, uncles and cousins pull her into hugs and to be honest she doesn't know half of their names.

"Oh, you're pregnant!" One of her aunts exclaims. Suddenly the spotlight was just on her and Victoria seemed irrelevant for the moment. This is what Aubrey has always dreamed of, to be the center of attention while her sister is pushed into the shadows. But now that she's matured (and gotten pregnant) she longs to be a wallflower again.