Chapter 25

After an hour and a half of non-stop dancing, Sevyn takes a break and goes over go her table to sit down. She picks up her glass of soda and takes big gulps to relieve her dry throat. Macy walks over to her and sits down in the seat next to her. "Heyyy, having fun?" She asks.

Sevyn nods, "This place is beautiful. Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yup and the party is really about to turn up." Macy says with a glint in her eye. "Now that the waiters have cleaned up all the food, all the adults and my family are leaving to give us some privacy."

Sevyn's eyebrows raise, "Oh Lord, that means there's going to be alot of bumping and grinding goin on huh?"

Macy giggles, "Maybe. And guess what else, my older cousin Chasity snuck in some some shot glasses and liquor for us. They're in the back, once the adults clear out we're about to go in!"

"Sounds fun," Sevyn lies. Liquor plus teenagers is never a good idea and the way Macy is talking it seems like things are about to get crazy. Sevyn glances at the clock on the wall that ready 10:00, perfect timing for everyone to wild out.

Macy's face suddenly lights up, "Yes! My mom is ushering the adults out, time for the fun!" She hops out of the seat and scampers through the door that leads to the kitchen. A moment later she reappears holding a tray of multicolored shot glasses. "Everyone grab a glass!" She yells over the music. Once they notice what she's holding in her hand, everyone rushes over to grab one. Sevyn joins the crowd and grabs a green glass off the tray.

Monica walks over to her excitedly, holding a pink shot glass in her hand. "I give everyone half an hour before they're drunk off their asses." Sevyn says. "I'm taking one shot and that's it."

Monica shrugs, "Fine with me. I have somewhere to be in the morning anyway so I can't afford to get a hangover."

Once the glasses are handed out, a pretty girl that looks to be a couple years older than Macy appears next to her. "Who wants the first drink?" She shouts, waving the bottles in the air. Everyone cheers and holds up their glasses in the air, just as the DJ starts playing Shot by LMFAO. Macy's cousin starts mixing and pouring the liquor into the shot glasses in a sloppy manner. They giggle when the glasses over fill which only seems to peak their excitement.

Once Monica and Sevyn have their glasses filled, they clink them together and toss them back. The liquid taste bitter and stings Sevyn's throat as it goes down. She makes a face and gags, "See, this is why I don't drink." She says.

"Rookie," Monica teases her. Sevyn rolls her eyes and returns to her table for her sprite, so she can wash the bitter taste of the alcohol out her mouth. As she sips her Sprite, she starts to feel a weird buzz inside of her. The music sounds five times louder than before, the bass is making her chest vibrate and everything seems out of focus. The room tilts to the left and Sevyn has to grab on to a chair to keep from falling.

 Across the room, Keenan watches Sevyn as she holds her head for a moment and closes her eyes. A part of him feels guilty and he almost regrets spiking her drink, but then he remembers that he only did it so that she'll listen to him. He misses her and he never got the chance to really explain himself without her yelling at him. Hopefully drunk Sevyn is calmer when he approaches her, this is probably the only chance he has to talk to her.

 Monica walks over to Sevyn and they talk a bit before Sevyn points towards the doorway. Monica nod and heads back to the dancefloor while Sevyn makes her way to the hallway. Keenan waits for a few moments before following her. He watches her stagger down the hall towards the bathroom and quickly comes up behind her.

 "Sevyn," He call to her.

 She turns to look at him and frowns, "You're not Jackson."

 "No, but I need to talk to you."

 "I don't want to talk to you," She turns away from him and continues walking.

 "Sevyn--"

 "Leave me alone, K-Keeman"