Chapter 1

"So what we doin today Sev?" Keenan asks Sevyn the next day as they stroll down the street, trailing a few steps behind the others.

"I don't know about y'all, but I'm heading up to Mrs. Browns house to babysit her granddaughter while she runs some errands." Sevyn replies.

Keenan sighs, "Damn, and here I thought you were gonna let me get some." He says slyly. She sucks her teeth and pushes him away from her, ducking from under his arm in the process. Sevyn hasn't let Keenan get anything more than some kisses and a few ass grabs. She's not one to put out just to please her boyfriend. For all she cares, he should be breaking his back to please her.

Keenan laughs and wraps his arm around her, falling into step again. "I'm just playing, but stop pushing me like that before I get hit by a car. Then you're going to feel sorry," Sevyn laughs at the foolishness that comes out his mouth as he continues, "You're always babysitting someone's kids though, soon you're gonna have the all neighborhood kids running around calling you mommy."

"I told you before, I'm saving up money for college. I know I'm going to get scholarships but it's good to have a little something tucked away too." Sevyn kicks a few rocks out her way as the amble down the sidewalk.

"Well when your boy becomes the next rap star you'll have all the money you need for college and then some." Keenan assures her. Sevyn smiles, imagining what it would be like to sit comfortably and not having to babysit like she's a worker from "The Help" in order to raise college funds. She knows Keenan is gonna make it big one day, but she's can't sit back and wait for that big break to come. Mama ain't raise no fool, so sitting around doing nothing but waiting for a man to spoil her is not an option. She has to work for what she wants, even if that means being thrown up on by little kids.

Ty switches his attention from the banter between Shaun and Malcolm in order to look over his shoulder at his sister and Keenan, lingering a few feet away.

"What are y'all back there cheesing about? Them hands better be above the belt." He threatens.

"My hands are gonna be around your neck if you don't mind your business." Keenan fires back making Sevyn laugh. Ty is all talk but honestly he's just filled with hot air and wouldn't hurt a fly unless the situation really called for it.

Shaun looks over his shoulder at Keenan too. "You talking about your rap career again? That's the only time we see all your pearly whites like you in a Colgate commercial."

"Or when he's just finished banging Sevyn." Corey adds in. The boys crack up while Sevyn stares at them with a blank expression. She shakes her head at them and even Keenan can't help the smile creeping onto his face.

Malcolm suddenly stops laughing, "Hold up, that's my sister." He says, shooting a death glare over to Keenan. Keenan holds up his hands like he's surrendering and everyone laughs.

"Chill bro," Corey says. "Little miss goody two shoes over here wouldn't let him lay a finger on her." His amber eyes glint with playfulness and yet again, Sevyn flips him the bird.

"Y'all don't know what they do behind closed doors. She could be a super freak on the low!" Shaun exclaims, his eyebrows shooting up in a suggestive way at Sevyn.

Keenan pulls his girlfriend closer into his chest, "Y'all just mad cuz we all happy and shit and y'all single."

"Not me," Shaun says. "I been chilling with Chanel lately. Baby got back."

"Man. Baby got back, front, hips, chest and more. Shorty's thick." Ty just about drools while Malcolm and Corey. Sevyn sighs at the topic of conversations, she really needs some more girl friends. Unfortunately her best friend Monica is up in Puerto Rico until Sunday night when their plane gets in so she won't see her until Monday morning, the first day of school.

It seems like Sevyn was the only one who chilled with the boys this summer and babysat for extra money. She went to a few parties and snuck into a few clubs with kids from school but other than that, she didn't do any traveling like she really hoped to. She just wished her parents would take her to get her license so she can get a car. She already had a permit, all she need is that pretty little license and she's all set.

Shaun and Ty already have theirs and they borrow their moms car most of the time. But Sevyn wants her own, that way she won't fight over it with them like she's seen them do before on multiple occasions. The only reason they're walking today is because both of their parents had to go out so both the cars were unavailable, which sucks because it's like 80 degrees out here.

Once the group has crossed the sheet and shared a few more laughs, they come to the corner where Sevyn has to turn to get to Mrs. Browns house. As the others continue strolling ahead, Keenan stays back to say bye to his girl.

"You want me to come with you to Mrs. Browns house? I don't mind chillin up in her house with you." He says.

Sevyn flashes him a smile but shakes her head no. Keenan doesn't really have a tolerance for kids. Especially toddlers. She remembers bringing him along to babysit a 4 year old girl with her and he just about threw a temper tantrum right along with the little girl. She learned from then that kids plus Keenan equals a lot of stress that she doesn't need.

"Nah it's ok, go hang with the boys. I'm sure you don't want to have a tea party with me and Jamie." She says.

"You right." Keenan chuckles. Just then a wolf whistle breaks the air and they turn to see Corey, Ty, Shaun and Malcolm jumping around like animals.

"Oh dang ma, lemme holla real quick!" Shaun shouts across the street where three girls are sitting on a porch. Ty lets out a second wolf whistle before charging across the street towards the girls who laugh and roll their eyes, pursing their lips like every stuck up chick who thinks shes the bomb does.

"I call shorty in the white shorts!" She hears Malcolm shout as they run across the street like a pack of dogs.

Sevyn shakes her head and laughs before turning to face Keenan. "I'll catch up with you later alright?"

"Yeah, come to Kiara's house around five." Keenan tells her. Sevyn nods before putting her arms around his neck as he tilts his head down to meet her lips. As always, Sevyn melts into his gentle touch and warm lips. It's a quick kiss but its enough to leave behind the taste of her lipgloss. Keenan licks his lips, savoring the sweet taste of vanilla on his lips. He pulls back and wipes the lip gloss from his lips, but before he can walk away, Sevyn grabs him by his collar and gives him a hard stare.

"Don't let Ty or Malcolm tell me that you were messing with those birds." Sevyn says with an attitude. She can almost feel one of the girls beady eyes staring her down across the street.

Keenan sucks his teeth, "When I gotchu to call mines? Please." He says reassuringly. Sevyn laughs and he tosses her a smirk before turning and walking across the street.Sevyn watches him go for a moment before checking her phone for the time and bolting around the corner to make it to her babysitting appointment on time.

With three minutes to spare, Sevyn rings the doorbell to Mrs. Browns house and waits patiently. After a few moments, the door unlocks and squeaks open to reveal a midsized black women with gray streaked hair and glasses, wearing sweatpants and a light blue shirt. She smiles at Sevyn as she opens the screen door.

"Good morning Sevyn, come on in." She urges, stepping to the side for Sevyn to enter.

Sevyn steps inside, closing the door behind her. "Good morning Mrs. Brown. Where's my best friend today?"

"Upstairs in her room as usual. I feel like you have a long day ahead of you. Jamie has been talking about your 'play date' since last night. She loves you." Mrs.Brown chuckles.

"She's my favorite person to babysit. Always full of energy and up for some adventures." Sevyn replies, thinking of the five year old little girl who can't sit still long enough to watch a half hour tv show.

Mrs. Brown nods her head in agreement then checks the silver watch on her wrist. "I should be back around 3:30. I have a doctors appointments to run to and a bit of grocery shopping to do. I'll pay you when I return."

"Sounds good to me." Sevyn replies.

"Y'all have fun. And try to get her to take a nap. Lord knows I can't function properly if she hasn't had a nap at least once today." Mrs. Brown says.

"Alright, I'll try. Bye!" Sevyn calls to her as she opens the door and slips outside, locking it behind her.

Sevyn sets her messenger bag down on the couch before climbing the creaky stairs. She walks down the hallway and slowly opens the door to the left. She opens it just enough to see Jamie, sitting on the floor playing with her dolls.

"I heard someone wants to have some fun today." Sevyn whispers in the most raspy voice she could muster.

Jamie squeals and turns around to face her babysitter. Her little face lights up as she runs over and throws open the door, wrapping her arms around Sevyn's legs in a tight hug.

Sevyn laugh and bends down to hug her. "Wassup lil Jay?"

"Keepin it cool," She replies doing their special handshake.

"So what adventure are we going on today?" Sevyn asks, plopping down in the purple beanbag chair and looking her over. Herr hair is in two big puffballs, resembling Minnie Mouse ears. She has on a green shirt, pink ruffled skirt and blue light up twinkle toes. She must have dressed herself this morning.

"I wanna go outside and play warrior princess!" She exclaims.

Sevyn quirks her eyebrow up at the little girl. "Warrior princess? That's a new one, how do we play?"

Jamie runs to her closest and opens her toy box, pulling out a plastic bow and arrow, a foam sword and a nerf fun.

Jamie runs back over to Sevyn and gives her the sword, "This is your weapon." She picks up the dart shooter, "And this one is mine. We have to fight each other to get the bow and arrow and become the super warrior princess!" She exclaims.

Sevyn laughs and stand up. "Alright, let's go outside."

"Wait!" Jamie exclaims, running over to her white vanity. She grabs two tiaras and skips back over. "Bend down so I can bless you." She orders.

Sevyn gets down on one knee and bows her head as Jamie hovers over her. "I, Jamie Brown, bless thee, Sevyn Harris, as junior warrior princess!" She places the tiara on Sevyn's head and stands up. "Now do me."

They switch positions and Sevyn reenacts what Jamie just did to her. "I, Sevyn Harris, bless thee, Jamie Brown, as junior warrior princess." She sets the tiara down on her head.

Jamie pops back up and beams. "Great! Now let's go outside. CHARGE!" She yells before zipping out the door and racing down the stairs. Sevyn grabs her weapon along with the bow and arrow and quickly follows her out the room and down the stairs.

This should be fun.

**
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT