Chapter 18

The weekend couldn't come fast enough for Keenan, he had been extremely stressed this week and it was taking a toll on his sleeping habits. He would stay up all night, pacing back and forth across his floor while his mind thought about Sevyn and Aubrey. He knew he did her wrong and shouldn't have gotten his hopes up about her forgiving him any time soon. But in English he relaized just how good he had it with Sevy. She wasn't the type of girlfriend to question him all the time about where he goes and who  he hangs out, she gave him some breathing room and he did the same in return.

 He had woken up Saturday afternoon still feeling groggy but unable to go back to sleep, so he took the bus a few blocks away to his sisters house and went down to the studio. He pulled out his phone and re-read he lyrics he had written down, but suddenly he didn't have the energy to hook up the recording equipment and start a new song. His mind is scattered all over the place and releasing his mixtape is the least of his worries right now.

Kiara comes downstairs after hearing the silence in the house and joins her brother on the couch. He glances at her briefly before turning his attention back on the tv, not completely paying attention to whatever movie is playing. Kiara nudges his leg with her toe, "What crawled up your ass?" Keenan hasn't told anyone in his family about Aubrey yet. Partially because he knows everyone is going to be ashamed and partially because he still can't believe this is happening to him. He keeps his gaze fixtated on the tv screen, ignoring his sister.

 "I know you don't think you're gonna come up in my house and not speak to me. Boy don't play with me." Kiara tells him with a strict tone of voice. Keenan remains silenct, causing Kiara to grab the remote and turn the tv off. This finalyl gets his attention.

 "Dammit Kiara, what do you want?" He snaps at her, cutting his eyes in her direction.

 Kiara gives him the stank face, "Don't get loud with me little boy. I'm just wonderin why you're here on my couch instead of working on your mixtape. Isn't Marcus supposed to be releasing it for you in a few weeks?" She asks.

 "I don't know about that anymore. I got alot on my mind." Keenan tells her, slouching down further on the couch.

 Kiara stares at the strain on her little brothers face. She's never seen him look so deflated and unhappy before, the stiffness of his body giving away the amount of stress he must be under. "Well where's my girl Sevyn at, maybe you can vent to her if you dont' want to talk to me."

 The mention of Sevyn makes Keenan's stomach twist into knots. He remembers the fear in her eyes when he battered the lockers the other day and the disgust in her voice when they were talking about second chance. The hurt in her eyes was enough to kill him a little on the inside. Keenan looks down at his shoes to avoid his sister's look, "We broke up." The words taste bitter in his mouth.

 "What!? Yall were just so in love a few weeks ago, what happened?" Kiara asks then adds, "What did you do?"

 "Why you gotta assume I did something!?" Keenan exclaims, sitting up in his seat.

 Kiara purses her lips and gives him a pointed look, "Look at you soundin all guilty. That's how I know you did something. Now what was it?"

 Keenan swallows hard. He never talked about what went down between him and Sevyn to anyone since it happened. The weight of all the drama he is carrying is what's messing up his sleep and making him have random outburst. He knows that holding everything back isn't healthy so he finally just spills it all. "I cheated on her with a girl in Florida, named Aubrey."

 Kiara narrows her eyes at him, "Keenan please tell me you're kidding. We were only in Florida for a few weeks and you slept with a girl you barely even knew?" The dissapoinment in her voice makes Keenan feel even worse. "How did Sevyn find out anyway? Did Aubrey send pictures to your phone or something?"

 "Nah, even worse."

 "How could it be worse?" Kiara raises an eyebrow and Keenan finally looks her in the eye.

 "She came down here to tell me that I got her pregnant."

 The silence that follows afterwards is enough to make Keenan uncomfortable. His sister looks back and forth between his eyes, searching for any signs that he's joking around with her. But his eyes stay flat, not a flicker or glint of any emotion. Kiara looks down at the couch, scratching her nails into the soft material. She bites her lip, trying to calm herself down but it doesn't work. She completely explodes.

 "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR GODDAMN MIND?" She screams at him and Keenan winces from the tone of her voice. "YOU KNOW DADDY RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THAT, WHAT DID MA SAY?

 "Nothing cuz I didn't tell her yet and you better not tell her either. Let me do it on my own." Keenan stresses, eyeing his sister as she gives him a hard stare.

 Footsteps come down the stairs and Kiara's fiance Marcus appears in the basement, he walks over to the two of them with a concerend look on her face. "I heard screaming and wanted to make sure she hadn't kill you." He says to Keenan then looks at a steaming Kiara. "What's going on?"

 "This idiot got a girl pregnant." Kiara reveals.

 Marcus looks at Keenan shocked, "Sevyn's pregnant?" Keenan is about to reply when Kiara interupts, "That's the thing, he cheated on Sevyn and got som other girl named Aubrey pregnant." She glares at Keenan. "Mom and dad are going to have your ass when they find out."

 "Don't you think I know that Kiara?" Keenan declares, "I'm under enough stress already and you're just making things worse. I'm handling this bit by bit, stop pressuring me." He covers his face with his hands to calm his self down before he has another out burst.

 "You think I'm pressuring you?" Kiara scoffs, "Boy this is nothing compared to what Aubrey is going to put you through. Her cravings, her emotions, she's gonna drive you crazy. Then the baby will be here before you know it you're not gonna know what to do. That's what you get for thinking with you dick and not your head!" She exclaims and Keenan sucks his teeth.

 Marcus pulls Kiara up from her spot on the couch and sits down, placing her in his lap. "Baby calm down." He says, kissing her neck gently. Kiara glares at him before folding her arms and crossing one leg over the other, frowning at her little brother. Their parents had raised them so well yet he goes and makes a stupid mistake like this. And poor Sevyn must be devasted. Kiara could see how much Sevyn loved Keenan and she can only imagine the pain she must be feeling now that he has a baby on the way.

 "So yall are defintely keeping the baby?" Marcus asks. Keenan nods and takes his phone out his pocket after it vibrates. He glances at the message on his screen from Aubrey:

"My aunt scheduled an appointment for me at 2:00 at Planned Parenthood. Come if you want."

 Keenan stares at the text for a moment before locking his phone again and putting his head in his hands. Kiara sighs and scoots of Marcus's lap to be closer to her brother, she gently rubs circles on his back like she used to do when he was little and had trouble falling asleep. She rests her head against his, "You have big responsibilites coming your way Keenan," She tells him and he nods his head. "I don't approve of this but... I'm here for you K and if you ever need anything just call me up."

 Marcus reaches over and squeezes his shoulder, "Me too Keenan, you can come to me for anything."

 Keenan lifts his head and gives Marcus a sad smile, "Unless you can pull Sevyn out of your pocket and place her in my arms I don't think I need anything right now." he says in a low voice, "After that way I blew up on her, I'm sure her brothers are going to guard her even more. I didn't mean to lose my cool like that it just..happened." Before he knows it, Keenan is telling his sister and Marcus about English class and how he had to talk to the school shrink, who gave him a dumb ass bean bag to squeeze when he's mad or needs to vent his fustration.

 Kiara rest her head on Keenan's shoulder, "I'm proud of you for admitting your mistakes Keenan and I'm even prouder that you're not walking out on what you and Aubrey created. I hope you take care of Aubrey along the way too."

 "Yeah," Keenan mutters before unlocking his phone again and glancing at the time that reads 1:35. "Hey, I need yall to bring me somewhere." He says while sending a text to Aubrey.

 "I'll meet you there."

** Short chapter, updating soon ^.^