Chapter 23

For the rest of the week, Sevyn continues to get strange text messages from that unknown number. Some of the them make her laugh, some of them leave her confused. All in all, whoever has been texting has their eye on her. She knows she should be creeped out by this, but she's actually curious just to figure out who's spending their time sending her anonymous texts.

"So have you heard anything else from mystery man?" Monica asks her as they head to lunch.

Sevyn pulls out her phone and checks the screen but it comes up blank. "Nope, last time he texted me was during English, talking about how bored he is in chemistry."

"I still say thats so weird but cute at the same time. Why doesnt he just reveal his self?"

"He claims that he'll reveal his self at Macys party. I'm not even sure if I'm going yet." Sevyn replies and Monica rolls her eyes. She hasn't spoken about the party since last week because arguing with Sevyn is hopeless. No matter what is said, Sevyn will always do her own thing because she's so head strong. No wonder they're always bumpiing head with eachother and getting into arguments. But at the end of the day they're still sisters for life.

By the time they get their lunch and sit down at the table, the boys are already scoping out what girls they plan on getting with at Macys party. Of course Shaun is the hype man out of all of them, looking around the cafeteria and telling the boys which girls are going to be easy targets. They remind Sevyn of a pack of wolves, lurking after their prey before striking.

"What do you guys think about Jackson Daniels?" Sevyn asks, glancing over at his table. He's sitting on top of it, surrounded by a few guys and a majority of girls who are thirsty for his attention.

Shaun makes a face, "I don't judge guys. All I know is that he's good at ball."

"You mean relatioship wise?" Corey asks and Sevyn nods. Corey glances at Jackson, "I've hung around him a few times. He's actually looking for a serious relationship believe it or not. He's gota few side lines, crazy exs and all the bull but other than that he's not a phuck and dumper. The girls just make that up because he dont want them."

Malcolm eyes Sevyn, "Why you asking? You like him?"

"Try vice versa, he's been hounding me since last week, talkin about give him a chance and all that crap." Sevyn admits.

"It's better him than one of us." Ty replies.

Monica scrunches her face up, "Cuz that would be incest."

"Not me and Malcom dumb ass. I meant one of the guys like us...like Shaun and Corey. You dont need to date another one of us, learn from your experience with Keenan." Ty tells them. Sevyn stares at him, sensing the seriousness in his voice. She can tell my the lack of playfulness in his eyes that he's being real with her. He doesnt want her dating one of his friends because they're all nearly the same. They play with girls and aren't ready for a comitted relationship yet, Ty doesnt want to see his little sister get hurt again.

"Trust me, I don't like any of you. I know your tricks and I've actually got common sense." She says, then looks at Corey and Shaun. "No offense."

"Non-taken." They reply in unison. Sevyn glance over at Jackson again as he tosses a tater tot into the air and catches it in his mouth. She chuckles under her breath and thinks, what the hell, might as well go out on a limb. What's the worst that can happen?

By the time Friday rolls around the only thing on everyone's mind is Macy's party on saturday. Apparently she's invited a majority of the high school, even a few freshmen, and everyone is anticipating what the first party of the new school year will be like. Sevyn is slowly beginning to give into the idea of going to the party but she would never give Monica the satisfaction of admitting it so she decides to down play the idea.

"So Jackson wants me to go to Macy's party really bad." Sevyn says while rummaging through her locker that afternoon.

Monica doesn't look up from whoever she's texting on her phone. "Yeah, so?"

"Well I'm thinking about going. Since my best friend wants to be fake and doesn't want to stay home and eat pizza with me, I guess the next option is accompanying you to the party." Sevyn makes sure to keep her voice flat to make if seem like she'd rather be doing something else. The party does seem interesting and she doesnt want to be the only loser at school who missed out on all the fun and drama that will most likely go down.

A smile creeps on to Monica's face, "Are you saying what I think you're saying? Are you coming to the party with me tomorrow!?" She exclaims.

Sevyn purses her lips like shes thinking about it before nodding, "Yes...yes I am."

Monica squeals and wraps her arms around her in a tight hug. "I love you, i love you, i love you so much. We are going to the mall when we leave here because you are going to look sexy as hell, Jackson is go to break his neck tryin to get a piece of your cake mami." She says in her cute accent.

"Hey, I'm not tryin to look like a tramp now." She warns and Monica waves away the idea. "Before we leave, come with me to the gym so I can see if I made the volleyball team.

"You already know you did, whats the point of checking?" Corey asks, walking over to them.

"Cállate, dough boy. You know you check the list hella times to make sure youre on the soccer team." Monica retorts. Before you know it, Monica and Corey are having a whole argument in spanish and it's driving Sevyn crazy. She walks a few steps ahead of them to the gym and looks on the bulletin board for the Volleyball list. She spots it and skims down the page, looking for her name. She starts to panick a little when she doesnt see her name, then flips to the very last page. She lets out a sigh of relief, of course Janine would put her name at the very end.

"I made the team, now all i have to do it stomp Janine and become captain." She says triumphiantly.

"That's my girl, knock these putas out." Monica says. Corey shakes his head, watching the two girls high five eachother.

Sevyn's phone buzzes and she looks at the screen:

Congratz on a making the team. Text me tomorrow if you're going to the party so I can look my best for you ;)

Sevyn chuckles and looks around but she can't see anything out of the ordinary due to the blur of students rushing to get home. Corey gives her an odd look, "Are you smiling because mystery boy is texting you again? How cant yall say that shit isnt weird?"

Monica gives him a look, "You wouldnt understand because you're not as smooth as him."

Corey rolls his eyes at them, "You need some dick in your life Money, this grouchy shit you got going on aint cute anymore." He tells her.

"Are you offering?" Monica quirks a brow at him.

"Hit me up if you want it, you know you got it." He tells her, softly pinching her chin. "See yall later." Corey turns and catches up with his boys.

Sevyn shakes her head as she and Monica head outside to the parking lot. "Why are yall always messing with eachother?"

"Cuz Corey is so adorable. I can bother him and he cant use his charm on me because he knows I'm not interested. We got that brother sister vibe going on and I like pushin his buttons because he knows he cant get with this. Lesbian central over here!" She exclaims loudly, pointing her thumbs at herself.

Sevyn covers her face so people dont see her walking with her crazy friend. "Lets go to the mall before you cause a scene." She laughs, pulling Monica towards her car.

**COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!