Chapter 44

Monica wakes up Saturday morning feeling refreshed. Despite the smeared make up on her face and her hair being all over the place, she slept better than she had in a while. After having a long talk with Sevyn and Jackson, she finally fell asleep on the floor on the makeshift bed she made out of blankets and pillows since Jackson was occupying her spot next to Sevyn. She fell asleep almost instantly, not even remembering when she finally stopped crying and closed her eyes.

She stands up and yawns, stretching out her arms and legs. Sevyn let her borrow some pajamas last night so she would be more comfortable but the thin shirt is doing nothing to keep her warm in the chilly house right now.

Over on the bed, Sevyn is wrapped up in her blankets. Jackson is gone and the dresser is pushed back in its original place. Monica chuckles, she can't believe Sevyn actually let Jackson into her room without her parents knowing AND let him sleep in her bed. Maybe Sevyn isn't the goody two shoes she thought she was.

After washing her face and using a face cloth to brush her teeth, Monica goes down to the kitchen for food. It's quiet and the morning sun lights up the kitchen as she strolls to the fridge. She opens it and skims the shelfs for something to eat. Since this is basically her second home, she decides to make waffles, potatoes and eggs. As she takes out everything she needs, Malcom walks into the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?"

Monica jumps and spins around with the container of eggs in her hands. "Didnt your mama ever tell you not to sneak up on people?"

"Didnt your mama ever tell you that raiding a persons fridge is rude, especially since you don't live here." He retorts.

Monica raises an eyebrow, "Touché but Im practically familia."

Malcolm laughs, "Yeah since you're always here. How long have you been here anyway?" He walks over to fridge to take out the container of orange juice.

"Since 11 something last night. My parents kicked me out." She says like its no big deal.

Malcolm furrow his brows, "For what?"

She brushes back her crazy hair and leans against the counter. "For being a lesbian, they think something is wrong with me and that I'm not normal."

"That's it?" Malcolm snorts. "Why didnt you come to me before?" He asks moving to stand in front of her. "I can make you straight."

Monica looks him up and down. Malcolm is cute but there's only one problem. He's a guy! "Sorry baby but you don't have the right parts for me."

Malcolm burst out laughing, "Good, I wouldn't date your mean ass anyway. You're a bully, you might try to dominate me or something."

"That's right," Monica confirms with a smile. "Now you gonna help me cook or what?"

Malcolm looks back and forth between the food and Monica. "Fine, but I'm taking all the credit."

By the time the food is done the kitchen is a mess but the smell of the food makes up for it. The smell of waffles effs and potatoes wakes up the entire house and one by one Sevyn, Ty and their parents come downstairs to see what smells so good. They take one look at the food laid out on the table and quickly take their seats.

"I haven't had a Saturday morning meal in a long time." Their father says as he helps his self to some potatoes. Their mother shoots him a quick look before rolling her eyes and turning to Monica.

"Where'd you learn to cook like this Monica?" She asks, piling some eggs into her plate.

Monica beams but before she can respond Malcolm cuts in. "Hold up, how y'all know I didn't kick all this and she wasn't just the assistant?"