Chapter 24 : Not Even A Goodbye

Forty minutes had passed, everyone conversing watching the maze, hearing the odd scream or echo through the maze walls.

Suddenly Harry appears with Cedric's body.

I jump up cheering at Harry's and Cedric's triumph.

The band begins to play, I watch Dumbledore run over to Harry, Dumbledore tries to pull him away from Cedric's body.

My heart drops and my stomach lurches.

Frantically I push through the people that was sitting next to me.

Pushing through the teachers and seeing Amos cradling Cedric's body.

"My boy!" He cries out, my hand covers my mouth.

My eyes sting with hot tears, running down my cheeks. Amos turns and sees me, he stands up letting me see Cedric.

"So this is it huh ?" I say stroking a piece of hair out of his face, fighting back the tears "Not even a goodbye. . .but I-I promise I'll always think about you and everything we did together" I say, I held his face with one of my hands stroking his cheek.

Planting a kiss on his lips closing his eyes, letting Amos take back his position. Running out of the arena and towards the castle. It's not fair, he's so young. Thinking about all the moments we had together as children, friends and lovers.

The door opens to reveal George poking his head in.

"Hey Elyse. . .I saw what you did in the area" George speaks, he walked in and stood in front of me.

I wipe away my tears with my jumper sleeves.

"Yeah I-I. . ." I trail off still wiping away the tears.

"I know," George says putting his hands in his pockets "I know that you still love him. . .I know that I'll never be able to make you as happy as he did-"

"George" I whisper.

"Please let me finish. . ." George says, walking over to me and placing his hands in mine "I know that I'll never make you as happy as he did but I will try and make you happy as best I can" He finishes, he placing a hand on my face, cupping my cheek placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you" I say, a tear rolling down my cheek.

George brushes it away, placing a soft kiss on my lips.