Chapter 20 : I Was Going To Ask You

We were in a mixed class my year and the year below, in the main hall. Snape patrolling up and down the desk isles.

"This is mad, at this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates," Ron whispers to Harry.

Snape hit Ron over the back of the head. Snape shoots them a glaree. 

"Well, us and Neville" Ron continues.

"But then again he can take himself" Harry whispers back. 

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone" Hermione says leaning forwards to speak past my shoulder towards them.

"Now I'm really depressed" Ron says a little more audibly, I roll my eyes with a small laugh. Fred hands Ron a note as he reads it. I have no idea what it said.

"Well Hermione, you're a girl" Ron whispers shyly putting the note down.

"Oh well spotted" Hermione whispers back sarcasticly.

"Come on. . .it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. . .for a girl it's just sad" Ron says, I let out a gasp slapping his arm. Hermione's face becomes stone.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me," Hermione says, grabbing her things and getting up "And I said yes" She says hotly, finally walking away in a huff.

"Bloody hell," Ron says, watching her walk away "Look. . .we've just got to grit our teeth and do it, tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. . .Agreed ?" Ron asks hurriedly to Harry.

"Agreed" Harry said, I let out a sigh.

"Oh for Gods sake guys why do you think you need a date to the Yule Ball" I say, gathering up my parchement and ink.

"Oh yeah, why not ?" Ron asks, looking at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Because I don't have one and I'm still going whether it's sad or not" I say coldly, with slight ice in my tone. Shaking my head.

Hoping they'd buy my white lie, it's wasn't fair the way he spoke to Hermione like that, I was just teaching him a lesson.

I gather my cloak and bag from the hangers and walked out closing the door behind me. I was stopped a hand being placed on my shoulder, turning my around.

"So you lied ?" George asks folding his arms across his chest. 

"Uh. . .well. . .I-uh" I stutter with a laugh, trying not to look George in the eye.

"Well if that's how it is, I'll still go with you-oh. . ." He says, a thought came across his face "And this" He cups my face placing a soft kiss on my lips.

My eyes widen and my heartbeat acclerates. I melt into his lips, placing my hands under his arms, my fingers splayed on his back.

"GEORGE WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?!" Ron exclaims.

George pulled away, I didn't want him to.

"What do you want little brother ?" George asks taking his hands away from my face, turning around standing next me. His arm draped over my shoulders leaning against me.

"So this is your date ?!" Ron asks, walking up to us his face dropping.

"Yeah. . .why ?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at him.

"Because I was going to ask you" He says softly walking away hurriedly, I tried to go after to him but George stopped me.

"I wouldn't worry. . .he's liked Hermione for the past week" George chuckle.

"Really ?" I ask sarcastically.

"Well it looks like Ron's going to be going to the Yule Ball all by himself" George says sighing.

"Well if that's the case you should help him" I say walking away, George walking beside.

"Why ? He's a good looking bachelor, to be my brother he has to be" George responds.

"Of course he does" I laugh, shaking my head.

"Anyways where are we going ?" George asks, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Well George I am going to the Owlery" I say, wrapping the scarf that George gave me, around my neck walking outside.

"What do you mean you ? Where am I going ?" George asks standing in front of me, trying to stop me.

I walked around him, stopping me again.

"You are going to your common room to get ready for the Yule Ball" I said, George giving me a small smirk.

"Really ? And why are you going to the Owlery ?" George asks, lifting the end of his scarf that was around my neck "And your welcome for the scarf I thought you would've gotten rid of it" He continued, I shook my head walking around him. 

"I'm going to the Owlery because I want to see if my package has arrived" I said, reaching the steps up the Owlery.

"What will be in this package ?" George asks, raising an eyebrow accompanied with a cheeky smirk. 

"You'll find out soon enough" I smile giving him a light peck on the cheek, walking up to the Owlery, looking back to see him give himself a fist pump.

I let out a small laugh, leaving to find my mothers owl.

A barn owl was perched on top of a medium sized package, wrapped in blue paper with a purple bow.

I instantly felt giddy and picked it up, taking out a piece of spare parchment, writing a small thank you note to my mother, sending the owl on its way.

I can't wait to open it.