Chapter 17 : Dress Robes

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ellie and I were sitting at the table for lunch. Harry looked over his shoulder to see Cho.

I nudged Ron, both of us watching Harry.

He took a sip of his drink trying to smile at Cho, his drink then spills down his chin and onto his lap. We looked at each other and snicker. Hermione speaks up.

"Look at this!" She gafaws, slapping the newspaper onto the table in front of her still being able to read it "I can't believe it she's done it again," She reads out loud :

"Miss Granger a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards, her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum, no word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow" She finishes, letting out a frustrated sigh.

I rub her shoulder, resting my arms on the table looking at Harry. He lets out a small chuckle.

"Yeah Harry how you taking it ?" I ask, Hermione lightly slaps my arm.

"No to bad actually I'm sure the Bulgarian Bon-Bon's loving it" Harry says, placing his cup on the table.

Ron and I laugh, a boy walks up to the table holding a parcels.

"Parcel for you Mr Weasley" He says his voice squeaking as he spoke.

"Mr Weasley is it now ?" Ellie laughs, Ron takes the parcel from the boy.

"Thank you Nigel," Ron says, I let out a small chuckle.

Nigel stares at Harry, Ron tries shooing him away.

"Not now Nigel. . .later. . .go on" He ushers him. Nigel turns and leaves, disappointingly.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph. . .Oh look mum's sent me something. . .Mum sent me a. . .dress ?" Ron questions, he stands up and lets the frilly brown clothing fall out over his frame.

"Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet ?" Harry asks, pulling out what looks like a collar, except with an abundance of frills sewn onto it.

"Ah there is" I smile, Ron shakes it off and walks over to Ginny.

"Ginny these must be for you" Ron says, Ginny looks up and raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly" Ginny says, holding a piece of toast in her hand.

Hermione and I laugh.

"What are you on about ?" Ron asks, walking back over to us.

"They're not for Ginny they're for you!" Hermione says covering her mouth, trying to stop laughing. I shake my head.

"Dress robes" I say rolling my eyes. Ron and Harry exchange looks, their eyebrows furrowed.

"Dress robes ? for what ?" Ron asks, putting the robes back into the box it came in, taking his seat.

"The Yule Ball. . .Merlin's beard Ron we'd thought you'd have caught on by now" Ellie says, we both got up, Harry and Ron exchanged looks of worry.

"Where are you going ?" Ron asks

"To my common room and so is she" I reply, pointing at me then at Ellie. We waved goodbye, Ellie and I parting ways, I was going to the Slytherin common room, she was heading to the library to study up on The Tri-Wizard Tournament.