Chapter 5 : Caught

Lifting my head from my book to see George looking at me intently. I soon shrugged my shoulders and mouthed : 'What ?'

He continued to look at me, I turn to Pansy, she gave me a shrug of her shoulders.

"Is-is there something on my face ?" I ask, touching along my lips and jaw.

"No nothing. . .I don't know what he's looking at, you're way out of his league" Pansy smiles reassuringly. I had become friends with her.

She wasn't that bad. Once you get to know her, it's just sometimes she doesn't think before she speaks, as always.

I soon looked towards the front of the hall to see Dumbledore, chatting animatedly to the other professors.

George's POV

"George"

"George"

"George!"

"GEORGE!"

Fred nudges, his tone more and more agitated.

"Hm what ?" I ask, still looking at Elyse. Fred shakes his head in disbelief, placing a hand to his temple.

"George you're staring at her again" He sighs, nudging me with his elbow.

"Third time today," Fred smirks "I saw the way you looked at her in potions"

"I didn't even know she was in our year, let alone potions, I've only spoken to her once" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair, looking back over to Elyse.

"Well aren't you the gentleman?" Hermione retorts taking a sip of her drink.

"Well I wouldn't call it staring" Ron laughs.

"I think the word you're looking for is gaping" Hermione replies, looking at Ron.

"Yeah that" Ron agrees, looking over at Fred.

"You do know she's got a boyfriend right ?" Harry asks, looking at me an eyebrow raised.

"Really. . .I don't care if I stare or gape or whatever she's just so-so I can't use words to describe how pretty she is" I sigh, still looking at Elyse.

Fred nudged me with his elbow again causing me to fall off the bench and slap to the floor my head inches from the wall.

"Oi!" I shout, rubbing my head shaking it off and began laughing, everyone soon joining in.

"Man you got it bad" Fred sighs, placing a hand on my shoulder patting it.

My (Elyse's) POV

I saw him fall off the bench and was so tempted to jump out of my seat to run over to help him, he soon got back up, all of the houses started laughing as I laughed with him.

"Weasleys!" Pansy laughs "So stupid!" I felt the urge to hit her over the head with my book. I did.

"Ouch!" She said, looking at me sternly "What the hell was that for ?" She asks, rubbing the back of her head.

"Oh I thought I saw a fly" I reply, Dumbledore bringing himself forward. The whole room went silent.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, The Tri-Wizard Tournament, now for those who do not know, The Tri-Wizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests, from each school a single contestant is selected to compete, now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone, and trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later, you are now all instructed to go to your common rooms and this will he continued on October 31st when the two different schools arrive" He finishes, leaving the podium each house filing out of the room.

*******************

"That was it ?" Pansy asks, reaching the hallway of our common room.

"I guess that's. . ." I trail off, my eyes landing on Cedric leaning over Cho, they were both in a corner.

He was about to kiss her.

"Cedric ?!" I exclaim, his head snapping to me, turning on my heal I march the common room with Pansy struggling to keep up with me. Cho scurries away, as soon as I speak.

"Elyse-I-I can explain" He stutters, running next to me.

When we reached the door of our common room, Pansy quickly entered. 

"Please let me-" I cut him off, turning around fiercely and pointing my wand underneath his chiselled chin.

"Cedric!" I exclaim, tears silently streaming down my face "You cheating, skiving little-" I said stopping myself.

"Just-just-" I struggle, he tries to speak I soon lowered my wand and looked at him menacingly.

"Leave and don't ever talk to me again" I grit through my teeth, he walked away hurriedly, a look of fear swiped across his face.

Wiping away the tears that had fallen, letting out a triumphant smile as I strutted into the common room, I soon saw looks of confusion and awe as everyone saw this new found confidence.

Which I soon decided to keep.