Chapter 18 : Dancing Lessons

I sit in the assembly room next to Hermione and Ellie, the girls sat along one wall and the boys along the other. My eyes scan the room and land on George, our eyes lock. I wave and he smiles in response.

Professor McGonagall begins speaking : "The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Tri-Wizard Tournament since its inception, on Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity, as representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Bule Ball is first and foremost. . ." She said, she pauses "A dance,"

She said this, the boys let out a dull groan, I do the same.

Hermione shoots me a look, I let out a fake cheer. Rolling my eyes, she playfully nudges me in the side.

"Silence," McGonagall says, raising her hands to silence everyone "Hogwarts has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight" She says, walking past the girls.

"More like a- never mind" I start, Hermione shoots me a glare again,

McGonagall continues talking : "Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance, Mr Weasly will you join me," She says, pulling Ron up by the forearm he stands in front of her awkwardly. "Now, place your right hand on my waist" She says, everyone lets out a small snicker.

"Where ?" Ron asks, completely taken back.

"My waist" She says more sternly, he timidly placed his hand on her waist, someone lets out a wolf whistle.

Probably one of his brothers. George or Fred.

"Now bend your arm. . .Mr Filch," She says, the music starts. "One two three, one two three, one two three," She speaks, Ron and McGonagall dance back and forth gliding over the floor. "Everybody come together" She says, finishing the dance with Ron.

Most of the girls stand and walk forwards, I slowly stand stretching out my arms and scratching the back of my neck. Ellie rolls her eyes at me playfully.

"Boys, on your feet" She chides sternly.

Neville's the only one that stands, the rest of the boys shuffle and all of them are eventually on their feet.

Soon McGonagall places everyone in two orderly lines, the boys face the girls each person paired with someone except Harry. He has a broken arm, and George.

"Now boys step forward and follow the simple steps even a first year would understand" McGonagall says, the boys and girls both step forward.

Fortunately I was partnered with Neville, a hand pushes him back shortly after we're partnered up.

"Sorry Longbottom but this one's mine" George smiles swaggering forward, Neville lets out a small laugh.

"I don't mind, I've got myself a date anyways" He says proudly, he goes and sits down next to Harry.

The music starts and George's hand is placed firmly on my waist, he pulls my body onto his. Our chests meet and our faces a few centimetres apart, this seems to keep becoming a reoccurring thing between us.

"Someone's eager" I say with a smirk.

"You don't even know the half of it" He whispers in my ear, he pulls back and takes the lead.

To my surprise George was quite a good dancer, soon my head is resting on his chest.

McGonagall clears her throat stopping us. Her look stern, at the pair of us.

"Everyone today's class is done everyone back to your common rooms or you'll be serving detention with Filch," She pauses, looking over at Ron "You know too well about that now don't you Mr Weasley ?" She asks, chuckling to herself.

George and I pull apart, he kisses my knuckles. I curtsie grabbing my things and George being the gentleman he is, walks me back to my common room.

"So. . .wanna go to the Yule Ball with me ?" He asks with a cheeky grin.

"I'm going with you anyway and. . ." I say, the common room door opening "Don't forget about that kiss" I say, blowing him an air kiss. He pretends to catch it putting it on his heart, I wave him goodbye letting out a dreamy sigh.

I went to bed thinking about : What George would look like in a suit ? Better yet what I was going to wear ?