Chapter 23

Willow's POV

"Willow! What happened! I haven't heard from you for a year? I was so worried. I called the police. Where are you? I'll come pick you up. I don't care where you are." Owen screams through the phone.

"I don't want you to pick me up."

"What? Willow what are you talking about? I haven't seen you for ages. The police are worried as well. They've been looking for since your eighteenth birthday. What did you do for your birthday? I've still got your present. Let me give it to you. I'll come pick you up."

"No Owen! I'm happy where I am. I'm only calling you because of the police. Tell them to stop looking for me. I'm perfectly fine and perfectly happy where I am. I never want to see you again. That's why I left. I'm eighteen now. I shouldn't have to tell you where I am. I'm a perfectly capable by myself."

"Willow what are you talking about? You don't really mean this."

"Yes! Yes I do. I mean every word I say. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to call you my brother. You're nothing. I hate you. I never want to hear from you again. Cucire!" I shout and hang up. Please let him understand the last word. Please let him understand. If he doesn't, he'll think I hate him. (To sew)

I'm brought of my thoughts by flying across the room. Ryan pins me against the wall, holding both my arms above me with one hand while his other hand rests on my neck.

"What did you say? What was the last word you said?" Ryan yells, looking straight down at me.

Play this cool Willow. If you stammer, you're dead.

"Cazzo. It's just a swear word in Italian."

Ryan's grip around my neck tightens. "No. That's not what you said. What did you say?"

I try my best puzzled look. "I'm sure I said cazzo."

Ryan's grip around my neck tightens even more. I struggle for breathe.

"Fucking hell Willow. Do you want me to go kill them?"

I mange to shake my head.

"Well that's what it looks like right now. I'll ask you one more time. What was the last word you said?"

His grip loosens and I take a few deep breathes. Tears fall down my cheeks. "I really don't know. I'm sure I said cazzo."

Ryan shakes his head and hits me across the head. I fall backwards and land against the wall. Now I have nowhere to go. I'm trapped. Oh god. Trying to get Owen to believe I'm lying about all the things I said has now signed my own death certificate.

I look up to see Ryan fuming. "I'm going to make this easy for you Willow but you won't go unpunished. You said cucire. What does the mean?"

"I-I was s-suppose to say cazzo. I don't know why I said cucire-"

"You haven't answered the fucking question Willow! What does cucire mean?"

"T-to sew."

Ryan glares down at me, raising one eyebrow. "How does a swear word and to sew sound the same?"

"I-I was just angry. I didn't know what I was yelling. I was just trying to get Owen to believe I hated him so you wouldn't kill him."