Chapter 20

Willow's POV

I swing my legs off the porch. Of course I'm not out here alone. I'm under the watchful eye of Abbott.

A couple of hours ago, Ryan went into his office with someone and hasn't come back out. Not that I'm really complaining. Honestly I wish we never comes back out of his office.

It's been three weeks since I got 'married' to Ryan. Life hasn't been that bad. Well it could be worst. I suppose. That's what I'm focusing on anyway. Things could be worst. Look on the bright side of life.

"How did you end up in this gang?" I casually ask.

Abbott looks up from his phone and chuckles. "Now that is an interesting story. And that interesting story will be told another day."

I sigh in annoyance. He had me really interested. I look off the porch to see the view. It's so pretty. But I miss view from my bedroom window at home. I miss home. I miss Owen. I miss Jemma. I miss mum. I even miss dad. I so wish I was able to meet him.

I scoot backwards and lean against the house. Why? Why is Daniel and Steven such assholes? What did I do to deserve this? Someone took advantage of me at a party, got pregnant, aborted the baby, so Steven gives me to this gang. Why? I hate him so much.

Tears slide down my cheeks. I bury my head in my knees and cry. I let it all out. Another emotional breakdown. Let's just say they've been happening quite a lot. I blame the pregnancy but Lizzie blames everything that happened. I think it's a bit of both.

I feel someone pick me and I just let them. I pressure it's Ryan. He's finally out of his meeting.

They finally drop me on my bed and leave. That's weird. Wouldn't he stay? I'm not really complaining though. I could get some decent sleep without him being next to me.

I open my eyes to meet with darkness. I look out the window to see the sunsetting. How long was I asleep for?

I get off the bed and head towards the door. Once I open it, I see Abbott talking with Justin, a few steps away.

Justin looks up and motions for Abbott to stop talking. Abbott spins around and smirks.

"Willow. What can I get for you?" He asks.

"Um- er. Nothing. Don't worry. Actually where's Ryan?"

"Ryan's still in his meeting. Why do you need him?"

"I-I don't. I was just wondering." I stammer, nervously.

"Alright. If you say so."

I nod and go to walk down the stairs but Abbott grabs my arm, spinning me into him. "And where do you think you're going?"

"Just downstairs."

"I don't think you had my permission. I thought Ryan explained to you that you didn't go anywhere without the acknowledgement of someone in this house."

Is he really going to start this? Great. Wonderful. Just what I wanted today.

Abbott's hand connects with my face and I bite back a scream. Of course that was coming. I should of suspected that. He slaps me again and I would of fallen over if Justin hadn't caught me.

Abbott storms off, mumbling something to Justin. I try my best to make out the words but it didn't sound like English.

It kinda sounded like Italian. Or maybe even Spanish.

Justin grabs my arm and pulls me downstairs after him. He pushed me into the lounge room and sits down on the couch. I sit down on the opposite couch and study my fingernails.

Whenever Justin talks to me it just leaves me confused. I don't know if he really is trying to help or if Ryan's is testing me. I'm just so confused. Confused about everything.

"Willow, are you ok?"

Perfectly dandy for someone who was just slapped in the face. But I don't say anything, just shrug.

Justin gets up and moves next to me. "Listen Willow. You really need to know something but I can't tell you now. Meet me in my room at nine tomorrow morning. I promise I'll explain everything to you. Every last detail."

I just nod. Do I meet him? What is there to explain? I'm stuck with Ryan. I already know that.

But there's only one way to find out. You have to meet him. Find out what he wants.

Then it's decided. Be at his room at nine tomorrow morning. That wasn't that hard.

He flashes me a smile and gets back up. He leans against the wall and pulls his phone out.

I sigh and wrap myself up in a blanket, on the couch. Why is this so confusing? Why does Justin have to act so weird? Why can't they all be stereotypical kidnappers? Is Justin being nice or is it a setup? Is he really going to help me? Can I trust him? What have I got to lose? I'll probably die here or die trying to escape. May as well dying trying. But I need a plan and trust. I need to wait it out for a bit more. Gain more of Ryan's trust. Pretend to be broken and submissive. You've got this Willow. Show off your great acting skills. If you ever get out of this, you should go to Hollywood. You'll be a great actress.

I must of fallen asleep again because the next thing I know, I'm in Ryan's arms. I squirm but Ryan just hushes me.

I give up and allow Ryan to carry me upstairs and into our room.

When Ryan puts me on our bed, I sigh in annoyance. I get back up and grab my pyjamas. I walk into the bathroom and get changed. I pull my hair up into a messy bun and sigh. Why am I stuck in this mess? Why me? Out of everyone in the world, why me?

Come on Willow. It could be worse. Keep thinking positive. Focus on the positives.

I give my teeth a quick brush and walk back into the bedroom. I see Ryan sitting on the bed, quickly reading something on his laptop. He quickly types something in and sighs.

I walk to the bed and Ryan looks up, smiling at me. "Hey baby." I try not to cringe. Baby? Couldn't he pick something else?

But I don't say anything and I get into bed next to him. He shoves away his laptop and wraps his hands around me. "Goodnight baby girl," he whispers in my ear.

Gain more of his trust before you try to escape. Wait it out a little bit more. Don't make any stupid decisions. Wait it out. Find the perfect opportunity.

•••

Hey guys!

How was chapter 20?

Is Justin up to something?

Will he help her escape?

Will Willow ever escape?

Vote & comment

- Bethany x