Chapter 18

Ryan's POV

I'm still confused about Willow. I'm sure she's planning something. But maybe she isn't. Maybe she really does want this to work out. Maybe she has worked out she can't escape. Because it's true. There is no escape. Even if she gets out of the house, she won't get very far. All other gangs know to back off. Even the police don't ask questions. They just let everything go. They know better to ask questions.

Willow moves in my arms and I smile. She really is gorgeous. It's such a shame she hates me. But I suppose I haven't given her a reason to like me. But it's not going to change. I'm a feared man and I'm not going to let my wife ruin me. I'm not going soft.

If other gangs find out I have wife that I love, they'll use that to their advantage. I'm not going to ruin my reputation over my wife.

But maybe she isn't planning anything. Maybe she has genuinely figured out she's trapped. Maybe I should give her more space. I'll see how it goes. I'll see how she behaves.

She moves her head onto my chest and I just smile. She really is gorgeous.

I wonder who her dad is. I asked Steven and Daniel but they didn't know. All I ever heard about was her mum. I did a bit of research about her but couldn't find anything. It's like Larissa Clarke never existed. I find it strange but maybe she kept a low profile.

Someone knocks on the door and enters. "Is this a bad time boss?" I hear Julian ask.

"Not really. What do you need?"

"To talk."

"Can Willow hear this?"

"Yeah. It doesn't really matter."

"Then pull up a chair and talk."

I carefully put Willow's head back on the pillow and sit up. Julian is sitting on the couch, reading something off his phone.

"What is it?" I ask, causing him to look up.

"You remember the car that Abbott saw weeks ago?"

"Yeah. What about?"

"I was coming back here this morning and there was another car here. As soon as he saw me, he took off. Then on the front porch, there was this note."

He gets off the couch and gives me the piece of paper.

I'm watching you. My whole gang is watching you. I'm not afraid of you anymore. Your just a piece of shit. Get some balls. I know what you're doing to those poor, innocent girls. Let's just say, karma is a bitch. I hope you get what you deserve. Have fun rotting in hell, Ryan.

- you know who

"Any idea who it came from?" I ask, still scanning over the note.

What do they mean 'you know who'? No I don't know who.

"No idea. I got a photo of the car but it's a bit blurry." Julian answers.

"Alright. We don't know what they are after. It could be anything. Drugs. Weapons. Power. Alliance."

"If they are talking about how bad we are treating the girls, they might want them. They could be after the kids or even us. They could want us dead."