Chapter 2

Willow's POV

It's been nearly a month since the incident at the party and I've just come back from the abortion clinic.

I know what you're thinking. You murder!

But I just couldn't live with a baby. I'm only seventeen and it wouldn't work. I had absolutely no one to talk to about this. I don't have an older sister, mum or even a mum figure to help me through this. I do have an older stepsister but we aren't close.

Jemma's eighteen and went instate to finish school. I haven't heard of her since she flew up to Sydney. I know I could of called her or flown up to meet with her and get some advice but it would of been awkward. She would of probably told Steven and then Steven would of told Daniel and then my whole family would know. I didn't want that. I just wanted to forget the whole thing happened and start again fresh.

So finally, after a week of absolutely no sleep, I decided to get it aborted. I just couldn't live with a baby.

I've heard briefly from Abbie and Sammy but we aren't that close anymore. They know something is up but they aren't pushing it. I really wanted to tell Abbie about the pregnancy but I didn't know how to put it. I didn't want her and Sammy to feel bad because they invited me.

"WILLOW IMOGEN CLARK! Willow get down here right now!"

What have I done now? What have I done to upset him?

My relationship with my stepdad isn't the best. Every since mum just left, it's been difficult. The police still have no idea what happened to my mum but they closed her case a few days ago.

Apparently it was too much work keeping it open when they was little chance she was still alive. I personally found this very suspicious because my stepdad didn't care. I mean he kinda of looked upset when the police interviewed him, but that's it. He didn't argue or ask any questions. When I mentioned this to my stepbrother, he shook it off, saying he's in too much shock.

I honestly don't know what to believe. As soon as I turn eighteen I'm moving out. Well hopefully I can move out. I've always wanted to see my mum again but maybe I don't need to. Maybe I'm strong enough to do this by myself?

Who am I kidding? There's no way in hell I'm strong. I really miss her.

I've always wanted to meet my actual dad but mum doesn't talk about him. I've never meet him, never heard anything about him, never seen any pictures of him. Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

"WILLOW! Willow, I said get your ass down here right now!"

I sigh and shake my head. What have I done?

I slowly make my way down the stairs to find my stepdad in the lounge room. He is pacing up and down, talking to someone on the phone.

As I step off the last step, my stepdad looks up. He holds the phone off his ear and shakes his head.

"I can't believe you! I honestly can't believe you!"

"Um what?"

"What? What!? You honestly have the guts to say 'what' in my presence? Wow Willow. You're honestly going to get worst then your mum!"

"Sorry, what are you talking about? What do you mean worst then mum? What happened to mum?"

"Willow get in the car."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"GET! IN! THE! CAR! I didn't say you could talk or ask questions. Get your ass in the car before I do!"

"Alright. Alright I am going to the car. I still don't know what I did though."

What did I do? And what did he mean 'going to get worst then your mum'? What happened to mum? Does he know what happened to mum? 

I walk out of the house and down to my stepdad's car. I open the passenger door and get in. Where is he taking me? And what did I do?

My stepdad walks out of the house, still on the phone. Who is on the phone? But more importantly, what the hell did I do?

I sit in the passenger seat, drumming my fingers on the dashboard for ages.

I pull my phone out of my jeans pocket and run my fingers over the cracked screen. I turn it on to see my lock screen. A photo of mum, Owen and me. The photo was taken a day before mum disappeared.

Simply vanished.

I unlock my phone and tears threaten my eyes. Why did my whole family leave me? Where is everyone? Where are they when I so desperately need them?

Steven finally ends his call and gets in the driver's seat.

He shakes his head as he puts the car into reverse and backs out of the driveway.

He mutters under his breathe the whole drive to where ever we were going. I make out some of the words as; 'unbelievable', 'atrocious', 'despicable', 'they'll break her', 'the idiot', 'she's such a slut', 'like mother, like daughter'.

What is he talking about? I'm a slut? Who will break me? Why am I an idiot? Why does he keep bringing mum into this? Does he know something I don't? Does he know where mum is? Does he know I got pregnant? No he couldn't of. You're conscience is just getting to you. He couldn't of known. There's no way. He's got to be a mind reader to find that out.

We finally pull off the main road and onto a dirt track.

After another few minutes of driving on the bumpy road, a house comes into view. Wait let me rephrase that. A mansion. The biggest house I've ever seen. It was huge. It looked like a palace straight out of a fairytale.

My stepdad finally stops the car and gets out. He motions for me to get out and I cautiously follow him. What is going on? Where am I? Why am I here? Who lives here?

He grabs my forearm and pulls a gun to my forehead. Well this is stepdad goals. Is he going to kill me? What did I even do?

"Um Steven, w-what are you doing?"

"Shut up! I know you little secret and I'm extremely disappointed in you! I just can't believe you! You're worst than you mother!"

I gulp as he presses the gun harder into my forehead. But why would he take me all the way out here to kill me? Why would he waste his time coming here?

•••

Sooooooo......

.....chapter two!

How is it?

What does Steven know?

Where are they? What are they doing there?

Thanks for reading!

Vote & Comment!

- Bethany x