83. You're Stalked - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@AshleyKeel3
...

WOW OKAY THIS BOOK IS RANKED 38 IN FANFICTION THAT TOTALLY DIDN'T GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK WHEN I SAW IT THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!

Next chapter is, "You Get Raped"

Part 2 for the Broken Home song preference is up in my Everything I'm Working On book since this one is fullllll

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR 10k!!! 💕 I never in my wildest dreams thought that that would happen ***shoutout to Hunter who spammed me to 10k you da best***

Michael:
Cameras are a beautiful invention. They allow someone to preserve a single moment forever. Happy and sad, they allow people to document moments of their lives and the world around them like nobody had been able to do in the past. Now, pretty much everyone has a camera in their cell phone, which dawned the age of the selfie.

Selfies are nothing if not shared, so pictures of people popped up all over. Facebook, the Instagram, Snapchat, platforms arose for photo sharing and by extension, location sharing. Whether you liked it or not, people knew where you were, what you were doing, and who you were with as soon as you posted a picture. A metaphorical breeding ground for internet stalking was created. And you attracted a rather nasty one.

A hacker who knew all about you with just a single press of a button. She didn't even need you to post a picture anymore. She could remotely access your, and other people's cameras.

You didn't know, but that didn't mean it couldn't hurt you.

"Mikey! Mikey! Mikey!" You jumped in front of your brother while he was watching some awful TV documentary on American poets.

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" He mocked you and tossed an M&M in mouth.

"I'm boooooored. Can we go somewhere?" You sighed, laying down across his lap.

He shrugged, "I guess that depends on where you want to go." You squirmed at the question. You didn't know where you wanted to go. You just knew that you didn't want to be stuck at home a second longer than you had to be.

"What aboooooooout..." you trailed off for a moment, "ice cream?"

He chuckled and pushed you off of him, "you're so lame."

You hit the floor with a thud and let out a light groan, "fine. I'll find someone else to take me. I did get the number from that cute-"

"No, no dates, you're not allowed to date until I'm dead," Michael stood up suddenly.

"But what if you outlive me?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Well that sucks now doesn't it," he reached down and looped both of his hands under your armpits.

"Whoa," you squeaked a little as he pulled you up and to your feet.

"Alright let's go," he started gathering his things. First his car keys from the little magnetic strip they were left on, and then a jacket from the coat rack. All in a flurry of movement that you watched from the doorway, itching to leave.

"Are you ready yet?" You whined as he started looking around for something.

"No," he grunted, lifting the centerpiece on the table to look under it.

"Well what are you looking for?" You asked, moving out of the doorway to help him look.

"My sunglasses," his head whipped up and away from his satchel so he could glare at you, "did you take them?"