63. You're In An Abusive Relationship - Calum

Part 1/4
...
Requested by:
@-x-hunter-x-

*WARNINGS:
Mentions of:
• Emotional abuse
• Physical abuse
• Foul language/name calling
...

This was the most requested chapter topic, so here we go!

Calum:
Not all abusers operate in the same way. Some force their will upon their victims using physical violence, others used financial means, and some were extremely manipulative with emotional abuse. You fell squarely in the last category even if you didn't want to admit it.

The problem was that you were so blinded by your perceived affection for your abuser, that you didn't recognize the abuse. And the man you called fiancé worked hard to make sure that you stayed under his thumb. He was scarily possessive, and he didn't like you to be out of his sight, ever. But you loved him, and he said it was only to protect you because you were too stupid to be out alone. Nobody else would want someone dumb or lazy like you, he explained, you had to stay with him because he was generous enough to give you a place to sleep and food to eat.

What he wanted now was an engagement party. He wanted to showcase the fact that he was about to marry you, and that the two of you would be together forever. You were so excited for the marriage, but you might be the only one.

You really weren't supposed to speak to Calum, Y/A/N said that he was a liar, and that your brother didn't love you. You couldn't call or text him since your phone was taken away a long time ago, your fiancé wanted to make sure you weren't texting any other men. But when you still could, at the very beginning of your relationship with Y/A/N, Calum had expressed dislike to the extreme, he didn't want you to be with your then boyfriend at all.

Nowadays you rarely left the house. You just cooked, cleaned and did pretty much whatever Y/A/N told you to. He wrote down lists of chores because he said that you were really clumsy and forgetful. He was right of course, and you just worked hard to try and please him.

There was only one tiny thing that you did that you knew he wouldn't like. You sent Calum weekly letters. He was never home when the postman came, but he didn't like you to touch the mail, so you could never get a letter back. You just sent them. It was pretty-old fashioned but also the only way to tell your brother that you were fine and happy. You remember when you hold him that Y/A/N was taking away your phone he was livid. You were scared he would do something he would later regret. So you hoped that the letters appeased him in some way. You told him about the party, invited him and his friends as well. You didn't tell him, because you knew that he'd be mad, but you just missed Calum, Luke, Ashton, and Michael all so bad. You hoped that they could make it.

This made the idea of a party even more exciting. You wanted to interact with more than just one person, it could get lonely being alone in the house all day. Now you were getting human interaction and maybe even a chance to talk to your brother and friends? It was all so exhilarating. You felt more alive then you had in a long time.

You decided to write a quick note to Calum. You knew that this would probably be the last piece of mail he got before he came over, so you made sure to tell him to dress nice. But you also mentioned how happy you were at the idea of seeing him, and that you missed him a lot.

You passed Marty, the postman, your letter when he came by, and then you went back to make Y/A/N dinner so it would be ready when he got home.

You decided to make lasagna with homemade garlic bread and salad with brownies for dessert. That was his absolutely hands down favorite meal. You often didn't have the chance to make it as it took a long time and you were left with hours of work, but for whatever reason you had more time leftover that day. So you worked hard for the remainder of the afternoon, made all of the food, and set the table for when he walked through the door.