57. Rebellion - Ashton

Well Election Day was a bust, but hey, I doubt he'll even last 4 years 😂

Ashton:
Band Dad™, your brothers official title. It was hard earned, he was the epitome of dadness from bad jokes to being overly involved in your business. You sometimes felt strangled by Ashton's paternal tendencies. As of late he's been unusually agreeable, so you've been waiting for another flareup of his overprotectiveness.

"Y/N! No more candy!" He ordered as you picked through what you had gotten for Halloween. Whoomp there it is. You can't be trusted with your own Halloween candy. It seemed your lovely brother had put a cap on your sugar allowance.

"Why?" You asked, shoving more chocolate in your face just to get under his skin. As you turned to look at him, surrounded by candy wrappers and a massive sack of unopened sweets you saw him flinch.

"That's disgusting, you're going to get diabetes or something if you don't stop," he warned. You rolled your eyes and took another big bite.

You'd show him. He can't be the boss of you, you were a strong independent woman! Fully capable of deciding how much sugar you wanted to cram.

"Y/N..." he said again, this time much more serious. You could see him getting more and more upset with each bite, each wrapper tossed onto the ground, and each swallow of the sugary goodness.

You continued to openly defy him, not because you should, but because you could. His hard stare bored into the side of your head, but you didn't particularly care, you were having too much fun.

It was less fun however when he began to lose interest. You didn't know what happened, one second he was ready to chop your head off, the next he was back to watching TV.

"Ashton?" You asked in a moment of pure confusion.

He slowly turned to look at you, "Yes Y/N?" You stared at his face, he wasn't angry anymore, his expression was almost completely neutral, well, everything except his eyes. His eyes still had a glimmer of some faint emotion you couldn't quite detect, something along the lines of mischief.

Ah, you figured it out. Reverse psychology. Ashton thought that if he didn't tell you not to eat the candy that you wouldn't. Well he was sorely mistaken. You knew what he  ws up to and you wouldn't let it effect your judgement.

"Nuthin'," you smiled at him and then dumped out an extra large pack of M&M's on the table.

You began to sort them into their color groups. Red on the far right, than orange, yellow, green, blue, ending with brown. Once you were done, you feasted.

As you ate the candy, you would glance at Ashton from the corner of your eye to gauge his reaction. You were somewhat disappointed to find that he was still ignoring you. Well that wasn't very nice. You thrived off of constant attention, especially Ashton's, how could he ignore you like this?

Your distress only added to your preexisting emotions and your rebellious candy eating turned into mindless stress candy eating. It was a bad coping mechanism you picked up after being in school for so long. If worked by occupying your mind with something other than what you were worried about; in this case that was Ashton ignoring you and trying to take away your candy.

Point is, you blocked him out completely and broke into "the good stuff" aka, king-sized bars. KitKats, Skittles, Butterfingers, and so much more, piece after piece was shoveled into your mouth. You didn't think, just ate. This actually did what you were going for in the first place as Ashton began to watch you in alarm. In his opinion it was becoming more and more obvious that you could not monitor your own sugar intake. As you were downing your third Hershey's bar, he wondered whether or not to intervene, but judging by the speed you were eating he wouldn't have to. Mother Nature would take care of that.