77. Something Happens To You And He Gets Called Back From Tour - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@alibrooke28

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• Meningitis
• Going deaf
...

Next chapter is of course the infamous, "you die," and then we're looking at, "Harry Potter au" (I'm pretty pumped for that one tbh)

Michael:
A stiff neck, an aversion to light, and a high fever. You knew something was very wrong, but you didn't know what.

"MUUUUM!" You yelled, gently trying to readjust your head on the pile pillows of your bed.

"Yes sweetie?" She stuck her head into your doorway and frowned when she saw you.

You were currently very very hot, splayed out on top of all the covers of your bed like a starfish. You were covered in a thin layer of sweat and panting lightly as it felt like you were being roasted alive. Your head was propped up on a small army of pillows to try and alleviate some of the unnatural stiffness that had settled itself in the back of your neck. Strangest of all, everything sounded quiet all day.

"I don't feel good," you whined and carefully lifted an arm to cover your eyes, while trying not to jostle your head.

"I think it's time we take you to see a doctor," she nodded in agreement.

You almost sighed in relief. You probably should've gone sooner, but you had been hoping that whatever it was you had would go away. All it had been doing was getting worse.

"Can you get me a pair of sunglasses then?" You sat up carefully and swung your legs over the side of your bed.

"I'll be right back," Karen smiled at you and then walked out.

You sighed and wrapped your arms around yourself. You really felt terrible, and your hot flash was beginning to freeze you.

"Here," she came back and handed you a pair of Michael's old sunglasses.

"Thank you," you slipped them onto your face. Your Mum helped you up, and guided you to the car.

You sat in the backseat, leaning your head back against the headrest, and sighing.

The ride to the emergency room was short, but brutal as the sun was shining directly into your eyes, and your glasses weren't helping much. You wished that you had worn a thicker jacket, you were freezing despite it being a warm day.

When you got to the E.R. your Mum had to run up to the entrance and get you a wheelchair as you weren't sure you could walk all the through the parking lot.

"Here we are," Karen helped you out of the car and into the wheelchair.

You looked at her strangely. Was she whispering?

You figured you had bigger things to worry about, so you just let her push you up into the Emergency Room and get you checked in.

Maybe it was because you looked half-dead, or maybe the hospital had great service, but you were wheeled into an examination room quickly by a calm looking older nurse.