32. Sports Injuries (CALM)

A/N- so break is starting and after Easter weekend I should have tons of time to write!

Ashton:
Running had always been one of your favorite pass times, so cross country was a natural fit allowing you to join your schools team. There were some issues sure as there always would be putting a bunch of ultra-competitive teens together, but you loved your teammates. This being said you were always super focused in the race because that's where it counted, and you didn't want to let anyone down.

You could hear everyone yelling and happily hooting as you approached the finish line. Your meet was almost finished and it was extra special since it was the first time the boys ever saw you run. You could hear Ashton yelling your name so you risked a glance to smile and wave at him where all of the families were on the sidelines. In the second you looked away from the girl in front of you lost her shoe sending it flying towards you. You didn't see it coming and it clipped you in the side knocking the wind out of you.

You went down almost right away, the unexpected blow making you twist your ankle and fall over. As if that wasn't bad enough the runner behind you wasn't able to stop in time and tripped over you, the spikes on the bottom of her shoes put deep scratches in your arm. It was like dominoes, about a dozen people were caught in the crash prompting a massive cleanup. The officials had to stop the race and clear the route before anyone could finish.

As soon as they let the families come over to claim their fallen relatives Ashton and the boys were surrounding you.

"Y/N are you okay?" Your brother said frantically taking in your heavily damaged arm and twisted ankle.

"Mostly," you winced sitting up and examining your wounds.

"That would surprise me, it was amazing Y/N, you should've seen it. All of you guys were dropping like flies, priceless. And your face while falling down was really special too," Michael started to laugh really hard and everyone joined in even Ashton who was suppressing his smile for your sake.

"It wasn't funny for me," you frowned allowing Ashton and Luke to pull you up by your armpits and lead you to the car. Michael mocked you and Calum pretended to fall over very dramatically putting his arms out in front of him and squealing.

"We need to go to the hospital, you need to get stitches and maybe a cast," Ashton rolled his eyes at the others antics and buckled you into the passengers seat.

"Hey! I was gonna sit there!" Calum whined. You turned to Ashton tiredly and glared.

"Do we have to take them with us?" You groaned watching as the three of them struggled to fit kicking and yelling at each other.

"We are moral support, you should be glad we're here," Michael protested kicking the back of your seat.

"If that's the case you aren't doing your job very well because my moral isn't boosted," you huffed turning back around to stare out the windshield.

"Well mine is," Luke laughed taking out his phone, "I got the fall on video!" He squealed happily and all three of them crowded around the phone screen watching it over and over laughing.

"Jerks," you muttered embarrassed at the entire situation.

"To be fair, it was really funny, I'm just not laughing because we're on our way to the ER," Ashton admitted. That was not what you wanted to hear so you zoned out until you made it to the entrance.

"Okay, Luke you and Calum go grab a wheelchair Michael help me get Y/N out," Ashton ordered making the other three whine as they had to put the phone away. "Come here Y/N," Ashton grabbed your arm and helped you out of the car, closing the door and turning you around to wait for the wheelchair. You started to lose your balance so Michael wrapped your other arm around his shoulder to keep you upright.