41. You're Bullied At School (CALM)

So I wouldn't normally write on this but it was a request so I'll do my best. I would like to remind everyone that being bullied and bullying itself is a serious topic not to be romanticized. It's a real thing that happens to lots of people around the world and is not to be taken lightly.

That being said, here we go...

Calum:
You had never been popular or well-liked. It was simply a fact of your life, it seemed as if you were born to be the school outsider, forced to look in from the outside. Before Calum's appearance in your life you were simply ignored, left to fend for yourself in almost every social way possible. Nobody to sit with at lunch, nobody to work with in projects, and nobody to hang out with when school wasn't in session. You didn't enjoy the way it was, but at least you could make it through the day.

Now everything is different. Once people found out your brother was famous, they suddenly noticed you. They would jockey to be around you constantly, chatting aimlessly about your brother in all of your hours, seemingly all day. Your previously solitary lunch table was overfilled by teens who suddenly noticed you and 'wanted to be your friend'. Calum had warned you this might happen, and you knew that they didn't like you, they liked your brother, so you had to get rid of them. You would ignore their conversations, duck away, take evasive manuevers in the halls, and eat in nooks and crannies of the school to be free of their presence.

At first, this worked, you shook them off your tail. But now they were angry at you. Angry you hadn't given them what they wanted, so now instead of ignoring you, or faking affection, they would hurl insults and belittle you.

They would make fun of your clothes, "Ugh, look at that skirt, it looks like a hand-me-down from 1863!"

Your hair, "I know right, her hair is so gross! Does she ever wash it?"

Your weight, "Bleh, she looks like a whale, she needs to cut down the calories!"

And sometimes when they ran out of any real insult they just complained, "Ewwww! It's Y/N!"

You kept your head held high, not letting them see any weakness, but on the inside you were broken. You couldn't let all of their horrible words slip, and they were constantly replaying over and over in your head. More often than not you would dissolve into tears when you got home, full on sobbing until Calum got home. You were too scared to tell him what was happening and tried to avoid the topic of school altogether.

You were always careful to not show any signs of what you were going through when he was around, until you simply couldn't hide it anymore. Your bullies were worse than ever and you were shaking in sadness and anger in your room, too absorbed in yourself to hear him come home or make his way into your room.

"Hey Y/N-" he stopped in his tracks when he saw you, "Y/N?"

"CALUM!" You sobbed, reaching your arms out to him. He rushed over to you, and set you up on your bed. He wrapped his arms around you and rocked you back and forth until you calmed down a little.

"What happened?" He asked softly, rubbing soothing circles onto your back. You froze in fear and held you breath. He must have noticed your fear as he pulled you closer into a hug, "you can tell me anything."

"Promise you won't be angry?" You whispered into his ear, snuggling into him.

"I promise."

"I was sad because they're mean to me at school," you whispered, flinching at just the thought of your tormentors.

Calum tensed under you, "who's mean to you? For how long? Why didn't you tell me?" He rattled out questions, making you curl up. "I'm not angry."

"They say I'm fat and ugly." You curled up even tighter, placing your head between your knees.