Hello

Hello.

It's been a while, hasn't it?

How's your 2022 so far? Good?

Listen, we need to talk.

Or, I guess, I have something to say.

I have had this account for seven years. That's a lot for not a lot of fulfillment the past two-three years. I have matured, seen things, lost people, been battling with mental health, the works. But, that's not what I wanna talk about. What I wanna talk about is this story.

Everyone knows how infamous this story has become since first posted back in 2015. However, instead of looking back in this story and being happy that I did it, I feel quite the opposite.

Did I know this story was going to blow up like this? No. Did I know at the time that I'd try and rewrite it only to abandon that one? No. Did I know at the time that the comments were going to make me embarrassed about this story? No.

But that's what happened.

Now, I understand that here on Wattpad, anyone can come onto any of my works and say what they want; whether that's negative or positive, or annoying, or helpful. However, the problem comes when the story that I used to call mine is swallowed by those comments, regardless of what they say.

I made this story when I was 14. I worked on it on and off any time I could all through high school till I eventually moved onto other interests. The topic that this story, the rewrite, and a third story on my account, deals with was something I was interested in for three years till the interest inevitably faded. I know this story is cringy. I know that there are names in here that are made fun of die to a certain disgusting individual who will not get the satisfaction.

I know. Because I see all the comments.

I want to get back to writing on here. I want my other stories on the app to grow. I want to move on from that chapter in my life. I can't do that if this story, and the rewrite continue to be up here on Wattpad.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to do what I do best on this app and let this sit. I'm going to let this chapter stay up for a while, maybe two weeks, maybe a month— and let's see what happens. Depending on how this announcement is received, this story and the rewrite will either stay up or get deleted. Who knows? Maybe I'll bring them back from the dead and revise both of them together.

I leave this into your unruly and chaotic hands. Comments usually make or break a story unless your an author that doesn't care. I really do want to come back and write more for this app. But, that's going to be up to the engagement of my readers.

Also, please know that I am not naming names. I'm not pointing fingers. I love getting comments and love getting engagement on my stories. Some stories just simply don't age well; this one is one of them.

I hope you all understand.

Thank you 💛

Edit: Hey, if— key word: IF— I end up rewriting this story for a second time, should I keep the original title: They Call Me: 'Cain' or should I do a new title? If ya'll want a new title feel free to put suggestions in the comment and like, the title that gets the most will be the new title. That is IF you all want a new title and IF I end up rewriting this story again.

See ya! 💛