"Te Amo, Cara Mia"

James' P.O.V ~
I bit my lip as Cain, Charles and I all sat at the dinner table in silence. The tension between my brother and I was so thick, you couldn't even cut it with a knife. I looked over and saw that Cain hadn't touched his food, even though I gave him 'permission' to eat. He would drink his water though, which he learned that he liked with a bit of lemon. I watched as he simple started at the plate and then at his hands.

It was a bit later, but Cain slowly looked at Charles and I. I looked at him. "Yes, Cain?" I asked him gently. "M-May I be excused, Masters James?" He asked me. "You haven't touched your food though, darling," I said to him gently. He bit his lip and shook his head. "I-I'm not hungry.." I frowned. Charles then looked at Cain. "Sit and eat, Cain.." he muttered. I glared at him as Cain clearly became conflicted on what to do with the small widening of his eyes. He slowly sat down and poked at his noodles before slowly eating them.

I frowned but said nothing. I glanced as Charles took another drink of the whiskey he was drinking. This wouldn't end well, I knew that much.

~ Later ~

Cain's P.O.V ~
I was cleaning up my room. Trying to always keep it as clean as I could. I bit my lip when I saw the door open and Master Charles stumbled into my room. I kept myself silent and looked down. "Cain.." Master Charles said gruffly. I slowly looked up at him. "Y-Yes, Master Charles?" I asked him, feeling a bit uneasy under his gaze. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

He grabbed me by the shirt I was wearing and I bit my lip nervously. "M-Master Charles, please..." I practically begged him,"I-I have things I have to do.." He ignored me and pulled me over to my bed. I frowned and got what he was implying. I got onto my bed and laid on my back for him. I looked and watched as he started removing his shirt and tie. Was this it? Was this how I was to lose my innocence? At the hands of a man who has scared me and who is now in a drunken daze? My thoughts were confirmed when I felt him begin to remove my shirt and other articles of clothing. I was gonna get raped by one of my masters. I wouldn't struggle or put up a fight though. I was too obedient for that.

I braced myself for the worst when I felt Master Charles begin to kiss my neck. Yet, it seemed like fate was on my side and some god had heard whatever silent prayer I let out to not let this be so. Given that just as Master Charles began moving his hand up my leg, Master James came into my room. "CHARLES!" He yelled at us. Master Charles jerked and his head hit against my own. I held my head as it started to sting in slight pain. I watched as Master James grabbed Master Charles in his drunken state, and took him out of my room.

I waited about 15 minutes before Master James came back into my room. "Are you okay, Cain?" He asked me, earning my reply of a nod and: 'Yes, sir. I'm okay'. "Did he touch you?" Master James asked as he sat on the edge of the bed. I shook my head at him, but answered,"J-Just my leg a bit..." Master James nodded. "Cain," he said to me softly,"You know you're allowed to say no, right?" I bit my lip and shook my head. "W-Won't I get punished?" I asked. He shook his head. "Cain, if you are uncomfortable, or uneasy about something Charles or myself does or has you do," he said,"You are completely allowed to say,'no'. You won't get punished for trying to keep yourself safe or trying to defend yourself."

I still didn't quite understand, but nodded anyway. Master James bit his lip. "Here, let's try this as an example," He said, making myself nod,"What's something you are seriously uncomfortable with?" "I-Isolation in a dark room..." I answered him. Master James nodded. "Right," he answered,"Now, this is an example, okay? I'm not gonna be doing this to you." I nodded. "Say you did something wrong, and as punishment, I told you to go to an Isolation room for a certain amount of time and I didn't allow you to turn the lights on. What would you say to me?" "I-I would tell you,'No'..." I answered him. "Why?" He asked. It then clicked in my head. "Because it makes me feel unsafe and uncomfortable and it's a way of defending myself.." I answered. He nodded at me and smiled. "Exactly." He said as he kissed my forehead.

I smiled softly and small-like. He hummed. "Are you hungry? I know it seemed like you were forced to eat dinner with Charles sitting with us," he said to me. I nodded slowly at him. "Y-yes, sir. I-I am a bit hungry still.." He nodded, standing up and holding his hand out to me. "Come on then, darling." He said. I gently took his hand and it off the bed. I followed him to the kitchen. He had me sit at the counter as he heated up dinner. I looked at my hands and sat silently till a plate and fork was placed in front of me. I smiled thankfully at Master James before I started eating the noodles and pieces of teriyaki chicken.

When I was done, I gently pushed the plate away. I yawned tiredly and leaned my head against Master James' shoulder. He smiled and kissed my head as he held me close to him. "Te Amo, Cara Mia.." he said softly. I looked at him. "What does that mean?" I asked him. "I love you, my darling," He answered. I blushed and looked at him more. "You... You love me?" I asked. He nodded. I smiled a bit more and hugged him, nuzzling my face into his chest. "I... I love you too, Master James...." I said softly.

And finally... in that one moment in my life... I finally knew that I had gotten the one thing I had dreamed for... I had gotten love. However.. I didn't know how long I would be able to keep that love.