Surprise

Although you see the world
Different from me,
Sometimes I can touch upon
The wonders that you see.
All the new colors
And pictures you've designed.

Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine,
Child of mine,
Child of mine,
Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine.

You don't need directions,
You know which way to go
And I don't want to hold you back,
I just want to watch you grow.
You're the one who taught me
You don't have to look behind.

Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine,
Child of mine,
Child of mine,
Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine.

Nobody's gonna kill your dreams
Or tell you how to live your life.
There'll always be people to make it hard for a while
But you'll change their heads when they see you smile.

The times you were born in
May not have been the best,
But you can make the times to come
Better than the rest,
I know you will be honest
If you can't always be kind,

Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine,
Child of mine,
Child of mine,
Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine.

Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine,
Child of mine,
Child of mine,
Oh, yes sweet darling,
So glad you are a child of mine.
-------------
It's been a few weeks and I'm close to reaching eight months, it's been better now that I have more people supporting me and I have friends and family here for me. It's not always a happy situation but I know it couldn't be.
I'm reading my book before I start getting really strong pains in my stomach, I press the help button and a doctor comes in quickly and they check me over before saying "something went wrong, your baby is coming now. I'm going to have to take you to an operating room for a c-section"
I nod and it only takes a few minutes for everything to be ready and while lying in the bed get pushed to the operating room.
I get partly knocked out so I'm half aware of what is going on. I lie there waiting and Ev is shown to be quickly before being checked out and they finish up. I end up falling asleep and when I wake up I am quickly examined and the doctor says "you had blood clots which caused the early labour, we have fixed it for now"
I nod and say "Evanora"
He says "your baby girl is in NICU(Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) so we can take extra care if she needs it. We will watch over your recovery and if everything is well we will take you to see her in half an hour"
I nod and just wait, the doctors get busy quickly so I can't get a phone to call anyone but soon the doctor comes back and after being cleared I am put in a wheelchair and taken down to see Ev. They are monitoring her carefully and running a few tests to make sure she is healthy. She is a little small but other than that she seems fine. I get to hold her for a few minutes before she has to be put back in the incubator. I stay for a little bit before being taken back to my room.
I first call Casey and then my parents to let them know what happened.

Casey and Joe arrive quickly and they come into the room before a doctor arrives a few minutes later. The doctor says "we know you have a name for your girl so here is the birth certificate"
I fill out my details and then look at Casey who says "we talked more about the name and we are sticking with Evanora Ann but you asked if we would allow her to take our last name Stevenson so for a second middle name we want to give her yours"
I nod and Joe says "I think that Evanora Ann McDell Stevenson is a special name for a special girl"
I write down the name, for birth father I leave it blank as even though I know who it is I don't want him to have anything to do with her.
My parents arrive and I say "Ev is down in NICU, why don't you all go down and see her then come back. They nod and head down. They come back up and Mum says "we have lots of photos, she is beautiful"
I smile and say "she will be a lucky girl growing up"
We talk for a bit before I get tired so they leave and say they will come back soon so I can get some rest.