Truth

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
You'll never reach it

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa
------------
Evanora pov...
I turned 10 a few days ago and my parents organised a birthday party for me, I had my friends come over and we went swimming at the beach and had a picnic lunch with some of my favourite food.

It's the weekend now and my mum said that they need to talk to me. I sit down in the lounge and my parents, grandparents and some other people I've met before but don't remember.
Mum talks first and says "since before you were born I knew this day would come. I have always been worried about how you would take the news which is why we waited till now."
Dad hugs her before she sits next to me and shows me a photo of a woman and a baby girl. Mum says "this was taken a few days after you were born, you have always wondered about your birth mother and this is her. Her name was Sophie Ann McDell and had you when she was 17."
Dad say "Sophie was excited to have you and wanted to keep you until she found out she had cancer and decided to give you to us when she died.
Mum says "it was only a few weeks after she had you when she died. She was a happy person who looked out for others."
My grandmother says "Sophie was my daughter and wanted to give you the best life she could. She picked friends who were loving and wanted a child, they would raise you like their own and have support from people who knew Sophie"
One of the people who I don't quite remember says "I'm Olivia, Sop was my younger sister. We didn't always get along but she had a big impact on me. We don't want to overwhelm you but Sophie and us had decided to tell you at this age. You can ask us all any questions you have and I have one thing for you."
She hands me and envelope with my name on it and says "I got this shortly after Sop died and I have held on to it for this day to give to you from her"
I nod and Mum asks "are you alright?"
I smile and say "yeah, this is a lot to process"
They nod and dad says "why don't you take sometime to yourself and you can open that if you want and we are here for when you need us"
I nod and grandpa says "I know a spot that's great to think that's special to Sophie, why don't I take you there and I will wait close by so you can leave when you are ready."

We head out to a cliff overlooking the ocean and I sit down on the bench and realise the plaque on it has Sophie's name on it.
I look around and I open the envelope to find letters. I read them to find they are all from her to me. I get to the last letter and read it.

Evanora,
I am writing this when I know time is running out. I want to say a few last things to you.
Your parents Joe and Casey, they were excited to raise you and after the last few weeks I don't think I could have chosen anyone else.
You have a large family who all love and support you.
I hope that you do everything you want to and make the most out of things.
Don't let other people decide how you live it's your life so only you have the right to decide.

I love you, for all that you are, for all that you will be and for all that you're yet to be.
-Sophie ❤️

Authors note...
And that is the end. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading.
This is my first time writing something like this so I hope it's alright. It's not the best but I liked the idea, I know a few things are missing but I wanted to focus more on the storyline I came up with.