Friends

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

You're still in bed at ten and work began at eight
You've burned your breakfast, so far things are going great
Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
But she didn't tell you when the world has brought you down to your knees that

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows what it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with, make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst, I'm best with you, yeah!

It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)
-----------
I am six months pregnant and mostly all I do now stay home doing puzzles, reading books, watching tv or movies and going out for walks.
I got weaker so I can't last as long doing activities, I get sick a lot and have nausea a lot. I sleep during the day more as at night I get so hot or cold that I won't fall asleep.

I go to the doctors once a week now to monitor how the baby and I are going. I have an appointment later today and are going to walk there and get a taxi home. I get near the doctors and still have an hour before my appointment so I go to the park and sit on a seat under the tree. I hear my name being called and look around to see who were my four close friends(Ava, Becca, Toby, James) before I left them with no explanation.
They come over and I ask "isn't there school today"
They shake their heads and Toby says "it's exam week so we get time of for studying"
I nod and Becca asks "why did you lose contact with us all"
I say "I'm sorry but I got pregnant and then sick, things got quite bad and I didn't want to burden you with my problems"
James says "we are your friends, we are happy to support you"
They all nod and Ava asks "are you alright now?"
I shake my head and say "I'm still quite sick but can't do much about it"
We talk for a bit so I can catch up on what has been going on, I am about to tell them some of my story when my phone alarm goes off as a reminder that my doctors appointment is soon. I tell them that and they say they will wait around as they didn't have anything planned.
We start walking over to the doctors when I get just outside the door and trip. I hear a snap and feel pain shooting through my leg and I think I landed on my wrist. I go to get but but I can't stand.
Toby goes inside to get a wheelchair which they help me into and I am wheeled inside. The receptionist looks at me and says "Sop your doctors free, you can go in now. I think you might have more to deal with today"
I laugh and nod before saying "yeah"
The others wait here while Toby wants to take me where I need to go so I instruct him the way and hope he doesn't look at the doctors specialisation as I don't want him to find out about the cancer that way.
Toby waits outside while we talk. We go in to have x-rays taken on both my right leg and wrist, it turned out that I broke the bone on the ankle and wrist, they both get a cast put on. I notice the almost sad look on my doctors face and ask "what is it?"
He says "your body is getting weak, that's why the bones broke so easily and why bruises are starting to form already"
I nod and then realise, I say "I don't have long do I"
He shakes his head and says "I'm sorry no, and with you I'm going to recommend that you come and live in the hospital in case of further injury and your going to need help"
I say "alright, I was hoping it would be later on but knew it was coming"
He looks at me with sympathy and says "I know it's fast but I'm going to have to get you to start your long stay at the hospital tomorrow, you can have today to get ready but I don't want to risk the safety of you or your baby"
I nod in understanding and say "it's okay, it would have to happen sooner or later"
He takes a blood sample and we do another ultrasound, it's less tests than usual but I guess soon they can do them whenever.
I am given a crutch for stairs but told to keep using the wheelchair as crutches don't really help when I only have one hand.
I go out and meet back up with my friends and we go to get some lunch. Becca asks "how did the receptionist know you so well?"
I say "when I said I got sick I meant quite sick, I have been going to the doctors each week for a bit now"
Ava asks "what's going on Sopi"
I look around before saying "other than a few people you all are the first to know but when I say I'm sick I mean I'm not going to get better only worse"
James asks "without being so secretive what does that mean?"
I say "I'm going to hospital tomorrow so I have have some extra help, after my baby is born I don't expect to live much longer"
They looked shocked and Toby asks "is it something to do with having the baby?"
I shake my head and say "no, the cancer I have is killing but because of the baby I am weaker than I would have been"
We talk for a bit more and I tell them what is wrong and about what has happened is the last few months.