Bonus Chapter

I took this out as it wasn't part of my main storyline and I didn't really think it would fit in the book.
I don't have a song to go with this chapter as I couldn't think of anything that would suit.

Sophie pov...

I'm slightly showing in the pregnancy and found out about the cancer just over a month ago.
Things with the courts were speed up to have the trial as soon as possible to make it easier in my situation.

The guy I found out was called Arron Morris, he is pleading not guilty but I think he knows that he won't get away with it.

We head into the courtroom and opening statements are made. His lawyer calls me up to the stand.
I make the oath to speak the truth and he starts with his questions. I explain what happened that day first. He says "if you didn't want it why are you keeping the baby?"
I say "the baby doesn't have a say on how it comes into the world, I care about my baby"
He says "you care about the baby but won't be able to keep it for medical reasons, can you explain"
I nod and say "I have cancer and will die shortly after the baby is born, I have friends who will raise the baby and give it a life it deserves"
He says "you know you are dying, how do we know you didn't want to have sex before you died"
I say "I found out about the cancer after it happened my medical records show that. Why would I want this to happen and with a person I have never met before"
He continues with questions and then my lawyer asks me a few questions and I step down from the stand before Arron is questioned.

The judge looks at the jury who quickly talk and one person says "we don't need time to deliberate, we all agree that the defendant Arron Morris is guilty"
The judge nods and she says "thank for for you service"
She looks at Arron and says "Mr Morris your sentence will be a minimum of 10 years without parole. You are to have no contact with Miss Sophie McDell or the child"
He is taken away and I thank my lawyer and the judge. I didn't realise that everything could happen so quickly.