chapter 17

Yandere-dev was out cold until the princes were able to deliver him to the dungeons. Even then, when interrogated he expertly dodged all of the questions. Arrangements were made to have him imprisoned in the Animatronica dungeons, while Yandere-chan was sent to the capital of Warnetopia, Potters. A grand celebration was planned. Without Yandere-dev influencing his decisions, King Fox no longer threatened war.

The party took over a week to plan. The night before, visitors were finally allowed to see the oh so mysterious Stephanie. Matpat sat by her side, refusing to let go of her hand. Her dark brown hair was slowly growing back, although it would be hard for hair to grow over her many scars.

When King Mark entered the room, he couldn't help but smile. His son was looking at this woman as if she was the only thing that mattered. Stephanie was the first to notice the king.

"My king!" She greeted him louder than she wished and winced.

"Father," Matthew stood up, still holding Stephanie's hand, "this is Stephanie, the love of my life." His voice was gentle and sincere as he faced the moment he had feared for over two years. Stephanie, somewhat embarrassed by this declaration, looked up at the prince in disbelief. The king's smile hadn't been so bright and genuine since his wedding day. He strolled over to the peasant's bedside and took her hand from his son. He then proceeded to kiss her hand.

"Lady Stephanie, it is an honor to finally meet you. I'm Mark Iplier." Stephanie had to close her jaw. Never had she been treated in such a way by anybody except Matthew, for she was lower than dirt in every sense.

"I'm just sorry for imposing!" She apologized.

"After what you've been through, this is nothing. If my son had told me of your presence sooner, none of this would have happened." He looked out onto the balcony of marble a few feet to their right. "Really, I'm so grateful you're safe. I could never live with myself if MatPat lost you...." Matthew followed his father's gaze to see that a single lily decorated the railing of the balcony.

"Father...." Matthew murmured. He honestly regretted not telling his father about Stephanie. He knew how he felt about the safety of women. Why had he been so... stupid?

"Are you well enough to come to the party tonight?" Markiplier inquired, dragging his attention back to the young woman in front of him.

"I... I think so. I can walk if I have Matthew's help." Stephanie answered, although MatPat was obviously reluctant to let her even leave her chamber.

"Good, I would enjoy seeing you in the crowd. The boys and I have a little comedy routine for these sorts of things." As he spoke, the King's eyes shone with a mischievous glint.

"I would love to see that." The woman admitted, looking up at Matthew with a large smile.

"Nathan will be performing as well." Mark looked as if he had so much more to say, but he was interrupted by a cough. In the doorway, Lolbit was awaiting her king to keep to his busy schedule. He sighed, said his goodbyes, and left.

"I can go, right?" Stephanie had an excitement in her eyes she hadn't had since the incident.

"I..." Matthew looked as if he was going to object but softened, "of course."

------------------------------------

"I love cats! It's a good thing I'm not allergic, otherwise I'd be constantly sneezing. Let's face it, nobody wants to have a meeting with a sick king." Mark was saying from stage, his voice booming throughout the hall.

"That'd be catastrophic." MatPat answered. His father laughed heartily while his brother threw his hands up in the air.

"I'm done with you people!" Nathan announced dramatically, going to the edge of the stage.

"You can't be done with us. You live here." Mark rebutted, throwing an arm around his son's shoulders.

"Your puns are so... bad." The prince shuddered, moving away from his father.

"My puns aren't just bad..." MatPat came up with a piece of paper and tore it in half, "they're tearable!" Nathan let out a groan as the crowd laughed at either Matthew's pun or Nate's relatable reactions. Stephanie and Morgan were right in front of the stage, cheering for the princes and their father.

"I can't! I'm done! I am unable to even! Do the thing can not I!" Nathan exclaimed, walking off stage with his hands held up in surrender.

"I think we broke him." Mark mused, stroking his chin.

"Nope. That was all me." His eldest admitted, " I admit, I went too far with that tearable line. It wasn't exactly a Nathanal hit." The crowd erupted with groans, laughter, and Nate's  loud, "Oh, come on!"

"Well, better get going before they start throwing tomatoes." Markiplier advised, shoving his son off stage as part of a joke, "we'll  be here all week!" The crowd cheered, pleased to see their monarchy in such high spirits. The party went until the wee hours of the morning. Nate had the time of his life performing his song Finale about once every two hours. Matpat let Stephanie use him as a pillow around midnight, and he loved it.

Little did they know... deep down in the dungeons, a certain animatronic sat in her cell.

"Celebrate now..." she whispered eyes closed as if she was sleeping, "I'll be out soon enough..." her lifeless green eyes opened, illuminating the darkness. "Isn't that right... brother?"