chapter 8

"Matthew!" Nate called for his brother as he opened MatPat's guest room. MatPat jumped up off of his bed, and dropped  a medium piece of paper. He scrambled to pick it up, and then let out a sigh of  relief to see it hadn't been torn.

"What's that?" Nathan inquired, shutting the door behind him.

"Just a picture Steph's friend drew." He replied, taking one last glance at the picture before folding it up again.

"Oh... I'm sorry to interrupt but-." Nathan was shushed by his brother, who put a hand over his mouth.

"You'll have to tell me some other time, the walls have ears." MatPat whispered, removing his hand.

"Well you need to know this as soon as possible." Nathan responded in a equally quiet tone.

"Tomorrow, now go to your room and wait. Wait, no stay in here." Matthew seemed jumpier than usual as he was looking around the room.

"Mat, we're not five and afraid of the plushtrap under the bed. Don't tell me you can't sleep alone." Nathan managed to crack a joke, remembering how scared MatPat had been of "plushtrap" when he was smaller.

"Nate, this is serious. She's going to kill us!" Matthew  hissed peering over his brother's shoulder.

"Who, Mat? Who is going to kill us?"

"Mangle, she's going to eat us. Yandere-chan, you numbskull!"

"Yep, that girl is to die for." Another voice had joined the conversation with a pun. The brothers jumped back, MatPat screaming like a woman. Before them stood the skeleton messenger.

"How did you...?" Matthew questioned under his breath.

"Not important. I have a message from your father." He explained, a bony hand offering the letter. Nathan took the letter and read it over. His face paled as he read the first paragraph. When he finished it, he handed it over to Matthew.

Dear Nate and MatPat, I have grave news. Tee has gone missing, along with another woman and Morgan. This woman went by the name of  Stephanie Cordato.  There was no evidence in Tee's room, Morgan's mansion, or Stephanie's cottage. The only connection with these women is that each of them are close to you boys.

Now, Nathan do me a favor and give this to Matthew. Mat, is Stephanie the woman you've been sneaking out to see? She would have been much safer, had you been honest with me. Just as well, it troubles me you didn't trust me enough to tell me of this woman. Don't worry, I'll see to it she is found along with Morgan and Tee. Get some rest, focus on the task at hand.

                                                                     - Your loving father, King Mark  Iplier.