chapter 7

"You can't be serious!" Nathan whisper yelled at his brother. They were alone, but they knew well that somebody might be listening in.

"Just go around in disguise. It's a good plan, you just need to cover your ears."  Matthew explained, gesturing to Nate's wounds. Nathan's right hand traveled to his earlobe. His ears had been pierced by archers during battle. It hurt like the devil, and really it was embarrassing to him. Everybody points them out the first chance they get.

"How am i supposed to do that casually?" He hissed, set off by his brother's comment.

"Wear a wig...?" MatPat's voiced uncertainly. Nate's mouth went from a frown to a snarl. "Nate, calm down. You're just more identifiable with your ears. I'd go but let's face it... if I were to get in trouble I'd have no chance." Nate still looked completely ticked off, but it seemed to keep him from tearing his brother's head off. The door suddenly slammed open, revealing a very excited Princess Chara and a frightened Princess Frisk.

"You, guy with the sword!" Chara squealed, running up to Nate, "What's your favorite kind of blade? Favorite size of weapon? Do you prefer arrows or the sword?" She bombarded the bewildered prince with many questions about his interest in weapons. Frisk was quickly signing something over and over again. Chara took no notice and shoved MatPat to the side. Luckily, the weakling of a leader landed on his bed. Frisk looked rather alarmed and ran over to MatPat.  Her facial expression told MatPat what she wanted to say, but couldn't.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it!" He insisted, getting up and moving to the opposite end of the room. Chara seemed to suddenly lose interest, groaned, then left the room.

"Nate, what did you do this time?" Matthew inquired, rather frustrated.

"I literally just told her I prefer swords to knives." Nate defended himself, confused by the young woman who had seemed almost too interested in combat.

Frisk tried to sign something, only earning a puzzled glance from Nate and and a pitying look from MatPat.

"She said she's sorry for the brat's behavior." a familiar, odd accent came from the doorway. There stood the odd skeleton messenger known as Sans. In his hands, an empty bottle of ketchup. Frisk seemed to scold him in her language and puffed her cheeks.

"Ya, ya I know I know."Sans chuckled, walking over to stand next to the mute. Frisk's hand signals started becoming faster, chewing out Sans for acting so improper around guests, and for insulting her sister. "I underSANS." Frisk paused at his horrible pun and covered her mouth. There seemed to be a very faint, awkward sound coming from her mouth.  Nathan, who had come to stand by his brother, was gawking. MatPat, being more proper, elbowed him in the ribs.

"OH! I have to go somewhere. I have... errands." Nathan didn't think that sounded rude as he left, but Frisk's odd laughter suddenly ceased and she looked down at her shoes.

"Well, now it's my turn to apologize for my sibling. He doesn't understand your... condition I'm afraid." MatPat apologized, feeling rather guilty at this point. She nodded,  and Sans had to turn around to hide his glowing left eye.

------------------------- timeskip brought to you by Megolavania-------------------

Nate took a deep breath. He had been asking around in disguise as to the location of Yandere-Dev. The only lead he had was a sketchy man,who went by Shady Penguin, who told him many villainous types lurked around this bar. Night had fallen, and the lights shone dimly from the covered windows. With a final exhale, the prince donned the hood of his cape. The royal tailor, Gabriel Agreste, was kind enough to give him this article of clothing.

Gathering his nerve, he pushed open the heavy doors to reveal a world of neon colors and shadows. He turned his head to the right to lock eyes with a pale man. This man's eyes seemed to scream insanity. His skin was adorned with many markings, his hair a sickening shade of green, and his lips a wine red. The man's smile seemed to grow in size, so Nathan quickly turned his head and strolled over to the counter. He sat down in a stool and looked at the bar maid. Her dark hair was up in a ponytail and she wore a maid outfit, an odd choice considering her occupation. Nate took note of her dead eyes, the sheathed sword at her waist, and her considerably young age.

"What can I do for you?" Her voiced lacked much emotion, as if she didn't care she was surrounded by felons.

"Water, if you don't mind?" Nathan requested. He didn't exactly trust this girl. The girl then turned to go to the back, for some odd reason.

"You seem a bit out of place." A smooth,monotone voice sounded from Nate's right. He turned to see a man with black hair and gray eyes. He wore a typical white, button up shirt and trousers.

"If I may be bold, so do you." Nate responded honestly to the mysterious man.

"Oh? Do I now? I never noticed." The man kept his monotone speech and offered a dry laugh. Nate raised an eyebrow at the man; He looked anything but evil, so why was he in a place like this?

"Here's your water." The bartender mumbled as she set  glass before, " I apologize for the wait, the water must be boiled due to recent contamination of the springs." She didn't sound very sorry in Nate's opinion.

"So what's a kid like you doing in a place like this?" The man continued, propping his elbow on the counter and turning his chair to face Nate.

"I'm looking for somebody. I don't suppose you know Yandere-Dev?" The girl behind the counter viably tensed up, but the man next to him showed to sign of recognition.

"Only by reputation. What did he do to you?" He questioned.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that, I only need to know of his whereabouts." Nathan stated, trying to sound as cool as the man. The girl reached for her sword and began unsheathing it, but the man put a hand up to signal her to calm down.

"Now, Yandere-Chan, that's not how to treat a guest," Nathan froze at his words, "You're looking for Yandere-Dev? Well you're in my bar, so I suggest you better leave, Prince Nathan." Yandere-Dev had this pleasant smile on his face, as if he had eaten a cookie and not basically just threaten the prince. "Joker, Harley, why don't you help this young man out?" The man covered in odd markings and an odd blonde woman next to him stood up. The woman's outfit screamed, "Harlet", but her bat shouted, "Goodnight". Literally, her bat had the word "goodnight" on it.

"Of course, Yandere-Dev." Joker chuckled, grabbing Nathan's right arm while the blonde grabbed his left.

"Can we hurt him bad, Puddin'?" Harley asked, clearly excited.

"No," Yandere-dev responded for him, "let him get the message to his brother." Harley let out a small whine, but helped drag Nate from the bar and tossed him through the door, which had been opened by a blue haired with with an R on his white shirt.

Nathan landed roughly on his back as the door slammed shut. Shaken, he took a moment to process what had just happened to him before getting up.

"Stay out, Twerp." A woman in a similar outfit as the blue haired male snarled as she sashayed into the establishment. I have to tell MatPat!