Chapter 13

( Just a little Nate song. Enjoy.)

   A howl echoed through the empty night. Most likely a werewolf, since normal wolves were a rarity in these parts. MatPat couldn't supress a shudder as he and Nate made their way through alleyways and hidden pathways to get to Yandere's Dev's bar. Nate was leading Matthew to Yandere-Dev's bar. There were many red flags such as that fact nobody was around and it was quiet. Despite this, MatPat couldn't help but feel he deserved to go after Yandere-Dev. He had spent so many nights awake, thinking about his mother's death and that merchant. One thought always came across his mind. What if Mother hadn't let the merchant and his daughter stay in the castle? Would she still be alive? Would their family be happy? Would MatPat and Nate have a little brother or a little sister? MatPat shook his head. The more he thought on it, the more he wished that death  was avoidable. Sadly, if it was your time to die, bad things would happen until the deed was done.

"We're here." Nate's voice tore Matthew out of his thoughts. They were in an alley next to a stone building. It was plain, a single window was to Nate's right (he was pressed against the wall), and a cellar entrance was in between Matthew and Nathan.

"Well, how do we get in?" MatPat looked at his brother, expecting an answer. Usually he would come up with some sort of strategy, but he couldn't think properly. All he could think about was that the man who killed his mother and Tee, was holding the love of his life hostage.

"Simple," Nate took his sword from his waist and shattered the window with his hilt," we do that." MatPat jumped at the sound and looked around wildly. He acted as if Yandere-Dev himself was going to jump out and yell, "boo!".

"Nate, that was reckless!" MatPat hissed with a shudder.

"Reckless is what keeps me alive on the battlefield." Nate grunted a reply as he lept through the window. Matthew couldn't help facepalm before following his brother. They found themselves in a small office. There was a desk, a candle on said desk, and a chair. Besides that, there were file cabinets all along the walls. MatPat estimated the room was about the size of one of his servant's quarters. That was saying it was about the size of your average den.

"We need to find where he's keeping the girls." Nate stated. His expression had turned cold and stony, not unlike when he threw Chara off of the balcony. MatPat wondered if this is the face he always wore in battle or on missions. If he was an enemy, MatPat would be running for the hills. The boys started looking through files. All they found was a few different pictures of murders before the door flew open.

"Well well well! What do we have here?" A raspy voice seemed to echo off of the walls. Nate withdrew his sword and spun around. Standing in the doorway was what seemed to be the palest man and woman on Earth. Granted, it was probably some sort of makeup. They were the ones he saw earlier, the "Joker" and "Harley". Bright green hair matched with red lips, wild eyes, and odd markings gave off the fact that Joker was absolutely mad. He had a bright purple jacket and bright green "jeans" and no shirt. Harley wore a golden dress adorned with diamonds that stopped right above her knees and had no sleeved. Honestly she looked like a siren Nate had seen when he fell off of a boat. MatPat found himself averting his eyes out of respect.Full grown human women didn't usually wear anything above the ankle, let alone the knee. 

"Oh! I told 'ya I heard something!" The woman squeaked out in an accent similar to Sans', "Can I hurt em', Puddin'?" She had the bat from her earlier appearance  in her right hand.

"Just don't kill them, understood? Yandere-Dev wants them alive...." He seemed to regret the fact he needed to keep us alive. 

"MatPat, get to the window...." Nate whispered as he got into stance. MatPat nodded, slowly inching his way toward the window. Harley charged at Nathan, but he managed to lock swords with her. Well, lock sword and bat. Seriously, what was that thing made of? Nate tried forcing back the bat, but Harley was stronger than she looked. Finally, he gave up that tactic and just ducked the bat. He decided to go for a more defense oriented strategy and wait out Harley's rage. She kept swinging with purpose, aiming for the head or stomach. Joker seemed to be losing patience. Nate was finally able to spare a glance at his brother.