Preperation

You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere
You were always there when I looked back

You had to do it all alone
Make a living, make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be

And when I couldn't sleep at night
Scared things wouldn't turn out right
You would hold my hand and sing to me

Caterpillar in the tree,
How you wonder who you'll be
Can't go far but you can always dream
Wish you may and wish you might
Don't you worry, hold on tight.
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly, fly away

Turned around and you were there
The two of us made quite a pair
Daddy's little girl was here at last

Looked away and back again
Suddenly a year was ten
Don't know how it got so far so fast

Butterfly, fly away (butterfly, fly away)
Got your wings, now you can't stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true

Butterfly, fly away (butterfly, fly away)
You've been waiting for this day
All along you've known just what to do

Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly
Butterfly, fly away
Butterfly, fly away
-------------

I pack a bag of some clothes, a few books and a few other things but I don't really need to take much.
Casey and Joe aren't home yet so I write another letter to the baby.

Evanora
If everything went to plan you should be 10 now. I'm sorry that I couldn't be around to watch you grow up but I'm sure that Casey and Joe have been doing a great job of raising you.
I know you would have been told everything and I want to make sure you know that you were always wanted and loved.
I hope that you get to do everything you want to and are supported so much by your family.
Make the most of each moment and try to have the least amount of regrets. Learn from your mistakes and grow more with each day that passes.
Even though you weren't born when I wrote this letter so I don't know how long I got to meet you after you were born I have loved you from the moment I learned about you to my last moment.
Love Sophie ❤️

I put the letters together and put them in a safe place in my bag before I hear to door shut and Joe calls out "hello, anyone home?"
I call out "hello" and walk out to see him.
He sees me and asks "are you alright?"
I nod and say "yeah, I just had a small fall today"
He looks at the injuries he can see and says "a small fall, it looks like more than that"
I shrug and say "yeah, I knew it was getting worse. My bones are weak which cause more serious injuries than I should have got"
He asks "so what does that mean?"
I frown and say "I've been asked to go to the long stay at the hospital so they can manage the problems I get more"
He frowns before asking "do you mean you will be in hospital basically waiting to die"
I nod and say "yeah, it was always coming"
He nods and says "well Casey and I were going to show you at a later day but tonight we will show you the nursery we made for Evanora"

We finish dinner and tidy away before Joe leads me with Casey following us to the nursery that they painted. I'm not sure what to expect as they had a few different ideas but wanted to make it a surprise for me.
We in and I am amazing at the work they did. Casey says we combined our ideas of a castle/home and tree to make a treehouse theme.

I say "it's amazing" and I feel Evanora kicking so I say "I think Ev agrees"They smile and Casey says "thank you, we are happy you like it"

They smile and Casey says "thank you, we are happy you like it".