Chapter 34

Daisy's POV

I hated being stuck in this horrible room, it was dark, cold and it absolutely stank. I kept thinking I heard noises, possibly footsteps, but I think that was just my mind tricking me.

I kept hoping I would wake up, and it would all be a dream, but it seemed to carry on as real as ever. The only positive was that George was there and I trusted that he would keep me safe. I had become extremely thin, as Rachel wasn't very generous with her portions, and even though George gave me his food too, quite often the food didn't stay down very long, and I think I was getting a virus.

I began to feel a wave of sickness overcome me again and I opened my eyes to find George sleeping. Not wanting to wake him, I slipped out of his grasp, pulled my hair out of my face and took slow sips of cooling water.

Abruptly I was interrupted by a shuffling, and the awakening of George. When he saw me he shuffled over to my side and hugged me around my waist. George felt extremely thin, as he had been giving me his portions of food, and I was worrying he was wasting away.

I wondered if the police were looking for us, if the boys were distraught and poor Emmy, I wish I could tell her I was alright.

A tear slipped down my cheek, but I was soon brushed away by George.

"I want to go home" I whispered into his t-shirt

"I know you do gorgeous, I promise you we will" he said soothing.  But we both knew we were beginning to waste away, and if help didn't come soon we would both be in trouble....