Chapter 15

"Come over," he whined into the phone.

I closed my eyes, placing my hand on my forehead and groaning. "But."

"No buts, c'mon. If you don't come over I'll come over there. So there's no escaping me." He chuckled.

"Fine, I'll get ready and come over."

"Good, don't take too long." He hung up the phone before I could fit in another word.

After spending such a nice two days with Calum, the last thing I wanted to do was see Luke. I know that's harsh of me to say but I really just don't want to see him. Balancing relationships of two boys, even though one was fake and one was real, was a little much to handle. I needed a break.

I decided not to get ready, I just picked up a book up instead and curled up in bed. Maybe he'd get the message that I didn't want to hang out today. I also highly doubted he would actually come over here. 

I learned not to doubt Luke, because he made his way over to my house within an hour.

"Allison, someone's here to see you!" My mom yelled from the living room.

She was trying to be discreet but I could hear Luke's voice as they spoke. I dragged myself out of bed and greeted him in my pajamas, a half smile plastered on my face.

"Told you I'd come over here if you didn't come to my place," Luke laughed, wrapping his arms around my was it, pulling me close to him. 

I groaned to myself, annoyed with his touchiness and also annoyed with him in general. It made me angry that he couldn't respect that I really didn't want to spend the day with him. And I sure as hell didn't want to spend the day with him around my mother since we'd just have to fake our love all day long.

"I missed you," he whispered into my hair as he kissed the top of my head, tightening out hug.

"I missed you too," I replied almost mono-tone, not even worrying about making it sound convincing.

"I'll leave you too alone." My mom said with a smile, making her way back into her bedroom.

Luke took my hand, leading me onto the sofa with him. He placed me in his lap and leaned back slightly, putting us in a somewhat comfortable position.

"Did you not get the message?" I groaned, looking up at Luke. "I didn't really feel like seeing you today."

"But I wanted to see you," he said with a slight smile, almost a pout. "I missed you."

"You're annoying," I groaned, letting out a small laugh. "And stupid."

"That's no way to talk to your boyfriend," he grumbled.

"Fake boyfriend." I corrected him, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." He replied, playing with my hair. Luke was starting to act more and more like a real boyfriend. It almost bothered me but I guess he just knew how to play the part. Since we've been 'together' longer, of course our relationship was going to deepen and things would get more touchy between us. That was a detail I obviously overlooked but Luke understood, and I was thankful for that.

"So how are you?" He asked, his fingers still tangled in my hair.

"Tired. Bored. Okay, I guess. You?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Good. I'm here with you, one of my best friends, I'm pretty great." He smiled down at me.

"Stop flattering me," I chuckled. 

"It's true!" He retorted. "The time I spend with you is always enjoyable." He put emphasis on always as his arms found their way to my waist as we both sat up on the sofa, facing each other and sitting almost too close.

I backed away from a little, letting his hands slip off of my waist. "Well, I'm glad. I always enjoy time with you too, Luke. You're a great friend." I looked around, lowering my voice. "Especially because of what you're doing for me. I couldn't survive without you, in all honesty."

"I don't think I could survive without you either," he said in a tone just a bit higher than a whisper.

There was a small since and a patch of awkwardness between us. Both of our smiles began to fade and the past moment set in. We were being so sentimental, I was almost confused. I had tilted my head away from Luke but he took my chin in his fingers, moving me to face him once again. Our eyes met; my green eyes on his blue ones. My heart began to thump faster as Luke began to lean in towards me after a short moment. I immediately felt panic shoot through my body. What was he doing? He couldn't just kiss me. Technically we weren't even together. Fake boyfriends just couldn't go around kissing their fake girlfriends, especially when no one that they needed to convince of their love was around.

I studied Luke's lip ring as he leaned in closer to me. The silver piece of metal flashed on his flesh as he bit his lip. He was nervous, I could tell. I tried my best to lean away from him but there was almost a force that wasn't allowing me to. He couldn't kiss me. He knew that I was with someone else and he respected that… or so I thought. 

There was no fighting it anymore when Luke was just centimeters away from my face. I couldn't control it.

Luke kissed me. On the lips. And I did the worst thing I could possibly think of.

I kissed him back.

---------------------------------------------------

THIS IS SO SHORT AND SHITTY IM SO SORRY PLEASE DONT HATE ME I've just been pretty busy lately but hopefully I'll be able to get back on an updating schedule again. And of course this is going to cause some drama... I hope you're excited. I love you guiiiiseee :)