Chapter 18

The guilt. It was killing me. I couldn't take it. Guilt and confusion were the only two emotions I was able to feel. It was already three o'clock and I hadn't made any effort to go over to Calum's and chat about this whole situation. Instead, I was snuggled up on the sofa with a tub of frozen yogurt and having a Criminal Minds marathon. It's not that I didn't want to go see Calum, I did, I just didn't know how to. I didn't know what I was going to say or how i'd say it. I just needed some time to think and plan. Think before you speak, they always say, right?

I debated on whether I wanted to call Maddie or not. Just to discuss the whole situation. I picked up my phone and began dialing her number before locking it, and setting it back down. I couldn't confide in her every time I needed to make a real decision in my life. I felt bad dumping all my problems on her almost every week, I'm sure she had things of her own that she needed to deal with. And honestly, it's my life. I need to do what I feel is right, not what she thinks is right. 

Ultimately, I chickened out and decided to wait longer to go talk to Calum. At this pace, I probably wouldn't build up the courage to talk to him until next week. I was just nervous about how he was going to react. I didn't know if he'd let it slide and be understanding, or if he'd get really angry and break up with me. I just wanted to do the best I could to save whatever we had left of our relationship. I didn't want to lose the happiness we shared over a ridiculous mistake. I could finally admit it to myself, I really loved Calum. We hadn't been together for that long, but sometimes things just clicked quicker. And with Calum they seemed to click almost instantly. I knew that I loved him.

Calum's P.O.V.

I missed her so much, so much I couldn't stand it. But she was busy, well I'm pretty sure she was. I sat with my phone in my hands debating on whether to call her or not. I wanted to hear her voice terribly, and try to make plans with her, but I didn't want to seem clingy. I didn't want to seem so dependent on her. Even though I missed her and it hurt like hell. She'd call me soon enough, I told myself constantly, trying to hold up without her around.

I heard a knock at my door and walked down my hall, to my front door. I peeked out the peephole and saw a tall blonde male, seeming to be about my age. He had a t-shirt on and a lip ring. Our hair was styled similarly. I looked at him for a moment, seeing if I recognized him from anywhere, but I didn't. 

I reluctantly opened the door. "Hello."

"Hey, can I come in? I'm Luke, Luke Hemmings."

Luke? Where have I heard that name before? Could it be the same Luke that Allison was associated with? No, it couldn't be. Or maybe it was. How many Luke's could there be around here?

"Do you happen to know Allison Johnson by any chance?" I asked.

He nodded, shifting his weight beneath his feet. He seemed uneasy. "Yeah. That's what I want to talk to you about."

My stomach churned a little. "Okay. Come in."

I closed the door behind him as he walked in, sitting down on the couch.

"I thought it'd be better if you heard it from me, man." He said.

"What?" I asked. I felt nervous. What happened?

"Well, I'm sure Allison told you about everything with me and our deal. How I would 'fake date' her so you guys could be together?"

"Yeah, I know all about that."

"Well…" he started, "Allison seems to be treating me too much like a real boyfriend." He said lowly.

"How?" I managed to say quietly.

"We kissed. Well, she kissed me. I pulled away right away and told her how wrong it was. I reminded her of you, but she didn't even care. She kept trying to kiss me and I felt uncomfortable so I left. I'm really sorry. I wanted to tell you the truth before she tried to lie to you about the situation. I couldn't let you get played."

I didn't know how to react. The words processed in my mind. Allison would never do that. Or would she? How much did I really know about her? We've only been together for about a month. Maybe she's not who I thought she was. Maybe I've been being played the entire time. But, I had to trust my gut feeling.

"You're lying," I growled, looking up at Luke. "Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying." He replied. "I wouldn't lie to you, Calum."

"Why wouldn't you lie to me? You don't even fucking know me!" I said louder, standing up from the sofa, feeling my anger intensify.

"I'm just trying to save you the trouble of dealing with a whore!" He yelled, standing up off the sofa in front of me.

I lunged at Luke, pinning him up against the wall. My heart was racing faster and my chest was heaving. "Don't you dare talk about my girlfriend like that. You don't even know her."

"Oh and you do?" He retorted, pushing my arms off of his body. "How long have you guys been together? A month? That's sad, it didn't even take her a month to get tired of you and move on to someone else." He chuckled.

I felt my anger pulsing, adrenaline taking over. I wanted to beat the shit out of Luke, but I held myself back.

"Your girlfriend doesn't care about you. If she really cared about you she would've admitted to her mom that you guys were together. She wouldn't of needed me to have a fake relationship with her. But instead, she fooled you. She just wants us both so she has two pairs of lips to kiss, two boys to play with. When she gets bored of you, she calls me. When she gets bored of me, she calls you. We both got screwed over."

I stared at him, trying to control myself. He seemed serious. Maybe he was telling the truth? Allison has blown me off a few times. She could've easily been with Luke without telling me. I thought for a few seconds and I knew what I had to do.

"Shut up and get out."

-----------------------------

RAISE UR HAND IF U THINK LUKE IS A DICK!!!!!!!!!!